Part VII

Part VII-As the dinner party dispersed Aelin found herself wondering around her appointed room, looking from nook to nook curiously. She looked over at Rowan, who was lying on the bed his shirt discarded on the floor ready for bed, he was looking down at his phone.

"Don't you think that that went well?" she asked, "I mean until the Queen, High Lady, whatever the hell she is, went into labor."

"Yeah I think so. That Caeden male was acting kind of off though. After you left with Rhysand and Feyre something happened between the him and Teagan. I don't know what, but I'm not sure that I like it."

"Hmm, I guess that we'll just have to keep an eye on him."

Aelin put the book that she held back in place on the self, and walked over to flop unceremoniously onto the bed. She turned onto her side to look at her mate - his face half shadowed in the darkness of the room. He smiled down at her.

"I love you," she whispered.

He smiled, "And I you fireheart."

---

*** Author's Note***

Sorry that this is super short. I wrote this MONTHS ago so here we are and I don't remember where exactly I was heading. The next one will be longer I promise.

BOTHER ME IF I DO NOT UPDATE WITHIN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS.

So so so sorry that this is the first update in almost a year. I promise that I have nave not forgotten about To Whatever End I have been crazy busy with senior year, and tbh I felt like no one wanted to read this anymore. Please tell me to update, and if you have to -- repeatedly. I would love to finish this story and do it justice I love these characters so very much and I want to continue to tell this story. I have also come to realize that I started this story long before Kingdom of Ash so there are a few differences that I did not expect and I might alter the story to adapt to those changes.

Sage