Part V

Teagan.

That was the female's name who took his breath away. Before Caeden's mother went into labor he could barely pay attention to the conversations throughout the dining hall. His Aunt Mor was scandalizing the foreign King. His Mother striking up small talk. For Caeden though all he could think was...

Teagan.

She was beautiful. Her green eyes shone in the lights. Her long hair glistened against tightly bound curls. Her voice was honey sweet- very much like her honey vanilla scent- as she asked about exploring and training; she liked to train? Maybe he could show her Velaris and train with her, he wondered.

After Feyre went into labor Caeden immediately stood up. His first thought was to go to Teagan, but what if that just meant that he was protecting the danger. So, ultimately, he decided guarding his cousins was the wiser choice. He seems to have been right with the chaos that ensued.

Rhysand was very protective of his family, his son knew that well. So Caeden knew what would happen when the small queen stepped in to help. His father snapped; then soon realized that the queen meant well, and let her help.

As Caeden's mother and father left with the blond queen, he relaxed. In fact everyone sat back down as though nothing out of the ordinary had just happened.

"Sorry about my father," Caeden whispered to the female that could not escape his mind.

Teagan looked at him and smiled. Caeden was sure that it was the most beautiful thing that he had ever seen, "It's fine," she whispered back.

They smiled at each other. Then Caeden heard a resounding crack. He gasped and looked around, wondering if anyone else heard the deafening noise. He noticed that Teagan was looking around as well. Their eyes locked and he knew that they were mates.

Teagan's eyes were wide with surprise. Caeden wanted to speak to her, but he didn't want to draw attention to what was happening. Just then he had an idea. Maybe he could slip into her mind and speak with her. Then again that would probably scare her half to death if she didn't know about daemati. He figured he may as well give it a go though.

He let himself slip into her mind; she had no shields, that would have to be fixed immediately, so Caeden spoke into her mind, Teagan. she jolted as though she were afraid, maybe she was. Teagan, listen it's me, Caeden. You can speak to me by thinking, and I will hear you.

How are you doing this?

It's magic. Are there not any daemati where you come from?

Daemati? What? No. Why are you doing this?

Well I didn't particularly want to draw attention to the situation at hand. You do realize what is happening, right?

I don't. What is going on? First I hear that loud crack that no one else seems to have heard except for you. So, I'm guessing that you do in fact know what happened.

Teagan, that loud crack was the mating bond snapping into place. Are there mates were you come from?

Of course there are mates. It's very rare. My aunt, Aelin, and my uncle, Rowan, are mates.

Really?

"Caeden," Mor snapped. She looked at him with irre. His aunt knew exactly what was happening, and she did not seem to approve at all.

"Teagan," Aedion grabbed her attention, "are you all right?" he glared at Caeden.

"I'm fine father. I just lost my train of thought," she lied.

Thank you for not telling him, Caeden spoke into her mind and she glanced at him to smile quickly.