6.

A few weeks later. 

Ethan has been hanging out with me almost every day now. I mean, I used to see him every day but never really hang out with him when he started dating Amanda. I'm definitely not complaining, his company is all I need to have a good day. 

Of course because it's High School, people haven't spared a second spreading rumors about us, Amanda, Grayson and his dumb ass girlfriend. Anything to keep them entertained. There's a rumor going around that Ethan and I are dating, Ethan cheated on Amanda with me, Ethan cheated with other girls, pretty much anything that makes Amanda the victim. It's sad and sadistic but Ethan swears it doesn't bother him. I like that about him, he won't be moved by the smallest of things. He's mature, in the most part. 

"What are you gonna do for Halloween?" Ethan interrupted my thoughts. I looked around seeing Halloween decorations plastered onto the walls in the hallway where he was walking me to class. 

"Umm, I'm not really sure. What about you?" 

Ethan's arm wrapped around my shoulders, "Well, Grayson and Taylor want to go to a Haunted House. They wanted me to go but I said I wouldn't go with out you." 

Oh?

"Oh God, what'd they say?" I turn to face him.

He chuckled, "They said they were cool with it. Well, Taylor said it was whatever. But she said we had to keep our distance from them." 

"What?! Why?!"

"You know her, Evelyn. Plus, her best friend cheated on me. She's gonna be vicious and hateful of us. We don't want anything to do with her anyway."

My mood became solemn thinking about Grayson knowing he's with such a controlling girl. Why do the twins attract such manipulative girls? And why do they like it?

"I don't see why she'd be hateful of us. We're just friends."

"Easy to be misconstrued," We walked up to my class and Ethan released me from his hold, "see you later beautiful." 

He walked away as I gasped at what he had just called me. Beautiful?

____________________________________________

I sat in class, almost 5 minutes until the bell. Just 5 minutes, and then I can go. I dread math, it's horrendous. I scan around the classroom to see everyone else packed up and waiting as well, when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. 

Ethan: Let's skip

Wtf, why does Ethan want to skip?

Me: Next period?

Ethan: Yes

Me: Why?

Ethan: I don't wanna go ?

Me: Ethan you can't just skip that's bad

Ethan: I'm bad to the boner

Ethan: ***BONE

Ethan: I MEANT BONE

Me: Hmm sure ok

Ethan: Really! I promise

Ethan: I'll wait outside your classroom

Sure enough, as promised, Ethan was laying against the wall on his phone outside my classroom with... Grayson? 

"Hey Evelyn" Ethan engulfed me in a hug.

Grayson looked up from his phone and made eye contact with me, "Hey you" he chuckled.