1.

I felt a cool breeze brush my face as I take in the beautiful masterpiece before me. The stars scattered around the sky, the peaceful arrangement of sounds filling the air. I can hear the leaves tearing off the branches and floating toward the ground. Oh how I wish I could be a leaf just floating wherever the wind takes me.

The darkness consumes the Earth as it lays in a blissful rest, causing my eyes to slowly droop. I feel the stress of this week slowly escaping like smoke leaving a fire. I can't help but drift my eyes over to Ethan, whose laying with me in the bed of his truck. We do this rather frequently; sneak out of the house late at night to come watch the stars. It's relaxing.

I see his eyes gazing at the stars, intensely studying each one. I take the time to study his features; his thick eyebrows, his long eyelashes, his freckles- everything.

"We came out to see the stars, I don't know why you're looking at me." Ethan whispers.

"You are equally as intriguing." I whisper back while my eyes begin to squint.

"How so?"

"It's interesting to see how your mind works. I mean, we've been friends for a pretty long time and while I'm pretty sure I know everything about you, sometimes the way you look at the stars makes me think you've got something on your mind." I speak hesitantly, not wanting to force him to say anything.

He rolls over to his side, propping his head up with his hand, "You already know everything about me, though."

"Yeah, but it just seems like there's something else." I look to the blanket that covers us both. I take the time to notice how cold and damp it's starting to become outside. I run my hands up and down my arms to provide some temporary heat that counteracted the newly-found cold.

Ethan brings himself closer to me, causing my face to flush a little. I feel an arm wrap around my torso, and a satisfying warmth press up against my body.

It remained quiet, and I began to wonder if something really is wrong, or if he's just in his thoughts like any other normal person. I find myself drifting asleep as I hear a heart beat drumming in my ear.

_____________________

I'm woken up to a few shakes.

"Hey wake up, we need to get back now."

I squint my eyes noticing a slight pink in the horizon. I look around trying to figure out where I am only to remember shortly after. I slowly sit up as I feel the car shake beneath me from being turned on. I grab the blanket and slowly begin to fold it up and scoot my way to the edge of the truck.

I see Ethan walk around to where I am and hold his arms out to help me. "Thanks."

"We all know you're too short to get out by yourself" he smirked.

I laugh sarcastically as I fall into his arms. He gently sets me down on the ground and I part away to get into the passenger side of the truck, carrying the blanket in my arms. I open the door and feel a wave of heat coming from the air conditioning, settling my shivers. I sit down and shut the door behind me, and Ethan does the same.

I find myself looking out the window, viewing the trees as they pass us by. I look up to see Ethan focusing on the road and trying not to fall asleep. I shift in my seat and turn the radio on at a low level so he wouldn't be too disturbed.

"You ready for school in a couple hours?" Ethan says trying to make conversation.

"I'm thinking of coming up with a rare disease to tell my mother so I don't have to go."

He chuckles, "No cause then she's gonna call me to come check up on you."

"Is that so bad?"

"Nah," he looks at me then back to the road with a smirk, "but I'd rather you be at school with me."

"Fine." I playfully pout, then turn back to the window.

School. What a drag. Ethan and Grayson are the only reason I ever really go to school anymore- well, that and the fact it's illegal NOT to go.

Ethan is my best friend. Grayson is too, but he has this girlfriend whose not too keen on other girls acknowledging his presence, including his mother and Cameron.

We pull up to my house and I notice my window is still open.

"Do you need help getting up?" Ethan asks putting the truck in park.

"Nah, it's all good. I think I've got it."

I conveniently have this tree beside my window that I like to climb up, but one of the branches broke the other day so it's been more difficult to climb. I give him a hug and quietly get out of the truck and shut the door. I walk around the corner of my house to my room and make my way up the tree. Once I got to where I jump across (remember, that branch is missing) I wave good bye to Ethan and he pulls out of the driveway and drives off.

I look at my window, and notice some water droplets spread across the windowsill. No biggie. I position my feet on the sturdy branch underneath me and begin to jump when a piece of my sweater gets caught on part of another branch. My hands flail in the air as I desperately grab onto the window while my legs slam right into the wall. I quietly grunt in pain as I pulled myself up and inside the window, when the water droplets caused me to slip and I fall flat on my face onto the carpeted floor.

I quickly grab myself together and notice I have about 2 hours until I need to start getting ready for school. Ethan usually picks me up, and hes always 10 minutes early.

Time for a cat nap.