16.

(A/N- There's a pic of Gray after the video that I used as a reference to write this)

3:15am

I toss in the sheets. 

Another sleepless night.

He wasn't even mine for more than a day and he's already passed out in a hospital bed. Something about this just feels so weird to me. 

I look over to my phone and turn on some music hoping to pass the time until I feel tired again. 

I swing my legs to the edge of the bed to get up when I feel vibrations against the mattress. 

Grayson: you up?

How'd he know?

Me: Yeah, what's up?

Grayson: I can't sleep.

I should've figured, with his girlfriend passing away. My heart sinks when I think about the pain he must be going through right now. He doesn't deserve this pain, nobody does, whether she was a bitch or not. I just wish she would've been smarter than that, even I  would've driven her home. 

Grayson: Idk what to do.

I thought to myself as the text bubble kept appearing at the lower left of the screen above my keyboard. I know what used to calm Ethan down when he wasn't feeling well- the stars. It's not that cloudy outside, we might need a blanket or something. 

Me: Come over?

Grayson: Tbh I just feel so lonely rn

Grayson: Oh

Grayson: Yeah

Grayson: Right now?

I laughed a little, 

Me: Duh lol

After a few minutes, he finally texted back.

Grayson: I'm omw

******************************************************************************************

Grayson's bronco pulled into the driveway of my house, the lights bouncing off of my window. 

I slowly open my window trying to be as quiet as possible; the lights peering out of my window and onto the tree outside of it. Shit, this keeps getting harder. 

I grab onto the window and gently place my foot on the windowsill, quietly stepping out while reaching out for a limb on the tree. It didn't seem that sturdy, but I just needed to hold it while I jumped to the one next to it. I grasp the limb in my hand, feeling little pieces of wood scratch against my skin. 

"Hey do you need-"

"AHHHH" my grasp suddenly releases from the tree and immediately tries to find something else to hold onto as I fall onto something underneath me.

"SHIT, EVELYN WHAT ARE YOU DOING??" Grayson whisper-yells while gently placing me down onto the grass. 

"Sneaking out, what are YOU doing?" 

He dusts his hands off on his pants and leads me to his car- still parked in the driveway, "I guess helping you sneak out." 

I giggled as I opened the door to his car and quietly hop inside, instantly feeling the warmth graze against my face, "Ahhh nice and warm." I smile.