17.

"Yes."

****************************************************

We laid there as he looked at the stars, calming down from his anxiety.

"I don't even think she really loved me."

My eyes wandered to him as I turned my head to face him. Tears began filling his eyes and his chest started to sink. I turned to my side to face him, "I think she did."

Tears fell from his eyes and down his cheeks, "Evelyn I need to tell you something."

Jesus Christ, what does he have to tell me now?

"I killed Taylor. It's my fault she's dead."

My eyes widened from confusion and fear, "Grayson, what are you talking about?"

He sat up and continued to stare intently to the stars like he was thinking about what he was going to say next. I gulped as he began, "I was at the party with her," he began choking on his words, "we got drunk and we were dancing an-and-" he paused as tears fell harder from his eyes as he squinted them shut as hard as possible. "I went to grab a drink from the bar and come back..."

"Grayson?"

"I came back to the wrong girl, I accidentally grabbed another girl-I thought it was Taylor but it wasn't. I didn't know until the girl fucking turned around. Taylor saw the whole thing."

I scooted myself next to him and held him like I held Ethan when he found out Amanda cheated, "So she left."

"She was too fucking drunk, I knew that!" Anger seeped in his voice as he curled up in my lap. All I could do was rub his back and let him cry.

"Grayson, she left on her own terms, not yours. You didn't put her in that car and tell her to drive."

He continued to cry, I could feel his warm tears soak through my jeans, until about 20 minutes later when his breathing steadied and he finally fell asleep.

*****************************************************************************

Little shivers shook his body every once in a while as he lied there silent. He needed to let it out and face the issues circling in his brain- taunting him slowly. His soft floppy hair slipped through my fingers as I combed through it, helping him to relax. We've been here for about a good 3 hours now.

I heard a buzz come from my phone distracting me from the stars.

*TEXT MESSAGE FROM LISA*

Lisa: Please tell Grayson to come home

I shook Grayson gently and patted him on the back, making him groan and curl deeper into my stomach- his arms around my waist growing tighter. I gently run my fingers through his hair as I continue to try to wake him up, "Grayson, your mom texted me."

He stayed silent and re-positioned his head, attempting to fall back asleep, "No, Grayson, we need to get you home-"

"I don't want to go home, Evelyn." I sighed as his raspy, tired voice told me how tired he was.

"I have to get back home too, bud. My parents don't know I'm out."

Grayson sighed as he slowly raised up from where he was laying, "Can we do this again?"

"Yeah of course."  I smiled.

Grayson slipped off the truck and turned around, "Ready?"

I nodded as I slid and he caught me, putting me on the ground gently. He opened my door for me and walked to the other side, getting in the car to start it. My eyes wandered the dark field as memories of Ethan and I flooded my brain.