His Plain Obsession|01

Edited Feb/5/21

Edited Feb/5/21

Layla

I sighed while getting out of bed, today was not going to be a good day. Today was my day off from college, I didn't really have a true major. I was in my last year of fine arts before I had my bachelors degree, which includes fine arts, dance and photography managers since I couldn't pick and loved to learn. I was also in my last year of English literature and would obtain my bachelors in that as well.

I was going for a bachelor in all of it, I was pretty smart and I did what I could. I wasn't sure what I would do after this year, what I would look into—I hadn't found my true calling and might even go back to travelling. I travelled the first two years after high school before I started college, I wanted to explore and I'm glad I did because I learned so much about the world around me.

Nobody believed I could accomplish much, they said daily I wasted my talents and the gifts my parents gave me. My aunt gave me the daily speech every time she dragged me down where she lived to take photos for her, she was an obsessive and rude high-class snob.

I know I could ignore her, but she was the only family I had left after my parents died. I had money of my own, as my aunt says I was rolling in doe because of my parents. My parents were the 4th richest people on the planet, when they died it all belonged to me.

Yet I didn't use a penny for anything but my college funds and stuff for my dorm room. My aunt called me selfish, she thought I was using the money to the best of my abilities and living in riches as my parents taught me to. On my first day of college, I saw how rich kids got treated, it was horrific how people only saw you as a money bank.

So I didn't tell anybody about how rich I was, I bribed the school to keep my records quiet and for nobody to know who my parents were. Even the friends I've had here for almost 5 years, know nothing of who I am except that my parents died and my aunt was a bitch.

I wasn't out there, I liked who I was. Everyone knew me but I wasn't popular. I dressed sluggishly, there was a lucky day where my figure was visible. I didn't have dreams, I had no idea what path I wanted to continue down and I had never been in love.

I did have causal sex, nowadays being a girl having casual sex makes you a slut. Yet not a single person has ever called me one, I keep it on the down-low and usually, it goes on for a couple of months with a guy. I'm not the type of girl who sleeps with multiple men at once, Nah I pick one and if they're interested then we do it until we are bored of each other.

I don't have boyfriend's, I just never clicked with anybody. I've gone on dates, I've given it a go but not many men want to be with a woman who likes being free. I was the type of person who liked doing things, trying new adventures and not having to stay in one place.

Even while being in a dorm, every break I have or any vacation time I get I'm off somewhere. I know I said I didn't use my parent's money for anything but school, but I think travelling counts as living life and trying new things. My dad was a traveller, he loved new things and I believe I got his free spirit but if I just hadn't found anything to keep me grounded. My father had my mother back then, now that they died I didn't have anybody.