His Plain Obsession|04

Zafar

I was having a bad day, everybody knew that. My mother had tried to contact me from the prison, how she managed to get my number again pissed me off. Usually, I get a call from the prison telling me that I had a call request from an inmate, which I always refuse but this time she managed to call me from an actual phone—hearing her voice sent me into a spiral and I felt an amplified feeling of hatred within me.

I was angry that she even had the gall to call me, I went to the gym to cool off. I couldn't seem to shake the anger, everyone in the gym was avoiding me like a plague and it was shitty how so many people assumed I was a bad guy.

I wasn't a bad guy, I just had issues and they were way too distrusting. My anger was a huge issue, I could never keep it hidden and I always hurt people it was in my nature. It was in my DNA to hurt and destroy, like my mother and like my father.

"Zafar!" I looked over, I relaxed when I saw Eric—Yes I stopped calling him manager, I looked over and saw a pretty terrified little girl.

"Eric? What are you doing here?" I asked, stopping and looking at him.

"You have a photoshoot at 1:30." He said, I looked at the clock and noticed it was already 12:30 which meant I had to run back to my apartment.

"Fudge Nugget." I said, I watched Eric give me a weird look and I pointed to the kid.

"Oh sorry, this is Daysha her mother couldn't pick her up until after her appointment at the doctor's." Eric said, I nodded and kneeled in front of her.

"Hello Daysha, my name's Zafar. I love your dress." I said, holding out my hand she was shy but shook it.

"She doesn't talk, we took her to the doctors but they told me it's a personal preference even after all the tests they did." Eric said, I nodded, guessing she just didn't want to speak.

"Oh, she'll speak one day and you'll be missing the silence." I said with a chuckle which caused him to roll his eyes.

"Don't miss this shoot or they'll have my head, move it." Eric said, I laughed and went to change.

I was in my car and driving down the roads pretty fast, it was raining pretty hard and it sucked. I managed to get home and get a change of clothes, but I was lost because it turns out my GPS is broken and it gave me the wrong turn. I sighed and parked, I was pretty pissed off because this was the last thing I needed with the company breathing down my neck.

After getting off the phone with Eric, I hid the steering wheel and turned on the engine. I was driving too fast and decided to slow down but I didn't notice the light purple car pulling away from its parking spot until I crashed into hard sending it flying into the telephone pole. It hit really hard, I heard a scream and a whimper when I got out of the car as the rain fell.