His Plain Obsession|06

Edited Feb/07/21

Edited Feb/07/21

Layla

The lights of the club were blinding, everything felt far more expensive and posh than I was used to.

I know I have money, I knew I could afford to let loose inside these types of places but I never did because I hated to flaunt who I was and what I had. I sighed as I watched Kristy shove a drink in Ella's hand, you'd think Ella would have said no but Ella besides being the shy/crazy girl she was—this woman loved to get drunk.

I sat at the bar, I ordered a simple drink with minimum alcohol cause I was driving. Even though it took way too much alcohol to get me drunk, I still didn't enjoy doing it regardless.

"What's a sexy girl like yourself doing all alone drinking at a bar?" A man slurred, his words told me he was hopelessly drunk.

"Not interested." I boldly spoke, the man's eyes widened and he wobbled away.

"High standards?" My body froze, the way his voice tickled my skin scared me.

The episode at the hospital was highly uncalled for on both parts, I felt disgusted in myself for judging him so badly. My cousin was in the wrong just as much as he was, I took the rumours about him and completely went off on him. I knew by his eyes that he didn't like the fact I was invading his space, and the defensive reaction to me touching his chest proved the feelings in my gut. I hated myself, hated him for being so angry and felt so much panic and worry thinking my cousin was hurt.

"No, I just prefer a sober companion." I replied, turning to meet the guy who was involved in my cousins crash

"You." He growled, I felt my cheeks heat in embarrassment and fear.

His eyes were what I noticed, hot and angry with deep dominance. It made me confused, I didn't feel like this when I first met him but I was high on adrenaline because I almost lost my cousin.

"Yes, it's me." I mumbled, tucking my hair behind my ear and turning back to my drink—get those naughty thoughts out of your head Layla

"Why'd you turn?" He demanded, I looked over my shoulder, my face filled with confusion.

"I thought you were done talking to me after my outburst the last time we met." I stated, smiling lightly at him.

"You had the right to be angry, we both said things I know we didn't mean—I truly was having a horrid day." He grunts, my cheeks warm this man was indifferent.

"I didn't mean them, I was angry about losing my cousin and her not being smart and some big hulk man model speeding down a street." I mumbled, he chuckled but it was heavy.

"I feel stupid for speeding, I go down that road every day—I love seeing the joy on everyone's faces and thinking that I could've ruined it or killed somebody definitely scared me." He explained, he sighed as he sat next to me—he was blunt and straight to the point.