Chapter 3

It's the next morning and I awake to see the sun beaming through the curtains. It takes me a few minutes to adjust to my surrounding and realise where I am. This room brings back memories. All those drunk nights when Roy would let me sleep here for weeks on end. He has always been so good to me and I know I need to repay him for that. After 10 minutes of running through my past I hear noises coming from downstairs, I assume it's Roy so I put my clothes on from last night and go downstairs.
A - "Good morning!"
B - "Try afternoon"
A - "What?"
I look up at the clock and realise that it's 1:25pm.
A - "Damn! Why didn't you get me up?"
B - "Well I did intend on waking you up but you looked so peaceful, and I gathered you hadn't had much sleep lately so I left you"
A - "Yeah your right, and I feel refreshed after actually sleeping"
B - "Good! Now do you want something to eat, I made pancakes?"
A - "Ooo yes please!"
Roy always made the best pancakes. We took them into the living room and I turned on the TV.
A - "Do you want to watch anything in particular?"
B - "Well I do have some judge Judy to catch up on but we don't have to"
A - "I actually like Judge Judy now! Every time I watch it I am reminded of you"
We both giggle and enjoy our pancakes.

A couple of hours pass by and I decide to go wash our dishes. I stand up and grab Roy's plate and head to the kitchen.
B - "Oh hell no! This is my place, you don't have to tidy up"
A - "But I want to"
He gets up and joins me in the kitchen with a worried look on his face.
B - "Danny.."
A - "Yeah"
B - "This is the first time in years that I'm going to be home for Christmas, and I was wondering if you would like to celebrate it with me? I am going to ask a few others too, like Courtney, but you don't have to"
A - "Are you kidding, I would love to!"
B - "Great! I am warning you though, I don't cook so it will be store bought"
A - "Oh god!"
Excitement fills my face and I couldn't be happier. This is going to be the best Christmas ever! Surrounded by people I actually like. And it gives me something to look forward to, Christmas is less than 20 days away and I cannot wait.
B - "Let me go make some calls to the others and ask them if they will come and then we can go for coffee if you want?"
A - "That's a great idea, and I'll finish washing these dishes!"
He gives me a dirty look and exits the kitchen. Oh how I've missed those looks.

It's 3:00pm and everything is set. Courtney is coming which means the best top 3 are reunited, so is Miriah, John, Philip... Ugh I can't wait.
B - "Okay girl are you ready to go?"
A - "Yep"
We head out and get into his car and we decided to go to Starbucks because they arguably do the best coffee in LA. When we arrive there is hardly anyone there, which is good for us because we won't be disturbed.
B - "I'll order these and you go get that booth over there"
He points to the back corner which is out of the way. I nod my head and head over to the booth where he joins me 5 minutes later.
B - "Here you go chola!"
A - "Thank you, how much do I owe you?"
B - "Oh come on Danny, it's my treat!"
I shoot him a smile and he shoots one back, but of course his is 10 times wider.
A - "I love your smile so much"
B - "Oh thank you, yours isn't too bad either"
A - "Haha, I'll take that as a compliment"
B - "You do that!"
We cackle and chatter for the next 2 hours, then I realise the time.
A - "You know, I should probably head back home now before it gets dark."
B - "Oh Okay, ill drop you off on my way home if you want."
A - "But my place isn't on your way home, in fact its in the opposite direction."
B - "Bitch! I'm giving you a lift home and that's that!"
I accept and we head out. The journey home is filled with laughter as usual and then he pulls up at mine.
B - "Aww it's been great hanging out with you again Danny"
A - "It's been great hanging out with you too Roy, you never fail to liven my spirits"
B - "Maybe you should go write another song then"
A - "Maybe I should haha"
B - "So I'll see you on Christmas yeah?"
A - "You sure will I can't wait"
B - "Me neither"
A - "Hey can we get a quick selfie for Instagram?"
B - "Oh go on then"
I pull out my phone and hold the camera on us.
B - "Here, let me take it I'm at the front"
We pose for the selfie and then it goes quiet.
B - "Oh come here you"
He wraps his arms around my neck and squeezed me, I peck his cheek and get out of the car, waving as he drives away. Just a few days and we will be back together again! Shit, now I have to get him a Christmas present.