Grayling

I woke up early in the morning, while it was still fairly dark outside. I walked out into the hall and flicked the lights on. Since we had barricaded and fenced around the school, we could now safely use the lights. I walked down to the Media Center and picked up one of my favorite books, "Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief". It felt strange being able to just read a book without having someone watch guard.

I read for so long that when I looked up from the book, it was light out. I walked over to the window to watch the remainder of the sunrise when something glinted in the corner of my eye. I looked closely off to the side and saw a person running through and decapitating all of the zombies in her way. The decapitation was not a clean cut, the head dented to one side and broke off the body. After finally getting over my amazement, I sprinted down the steps by threes, ran out the doors and opened one of the zip-tie doors and she stumbled through. She looked at me for a second, breathing heavily, and dropped to the ground out of exhaustion. I asked her one last question, "were you bit?", which she answered quickly with a no. I couldn't let her sleep out by the zombies and she couldn't walk three feet, so I carried her up the stairs and set her on my cushion. We would have to wait until she woke up to ask any more questions. 

        Finally. after she woke up, she told me her name... Renae.