Beep beep ~ day 1

"Beep beep Richie!"

The echo of my voice in 7th grade teases me while I stand next to the white bed next to a bruised richie. His face is pale and glasses lie next to the nightstand like he's asleep and he's just gonna put them on at any second.

He had bruises all over his neck and had a brace on. His left arm was badly bruised green.

Beep... beep... beep

His heart monitor mocks me taunts me as tears sting my eyes.

Grabbing Richie's hand, I bring it up to my face. It's cold, very very cold. I attempt to use my warm breath to make it feel like he was a little more alive.

"He's in critical condition"

I cry hard as I'm waiting in the room where  I just was for my sister.

"We had to put him in a medically induced coma, all he has to do now is fight."

I gulp back a lump and rub my thumb in a circular motion on his hand.

My eyes trace the blue veins that are apparent, they look like lightning bolts. Appearing only when the sun was down and the rain started.

In a way, Richie was my sun, my light, my warmth. And then the rain came.

"Richie! Richie? Are you there"

The phone line goes silent as all I heard last was " I love you t—"

Why aren't you awake yet rich? You're supposed to be my protector.. I'm so lonely. What's gonna happen without you?

"..And my sister isn't doing any better, you haven't had a bad day when you spent an entire day walking back and fourth in a hospital to visit two loved ones."

"..She looks worse than you, her face flushed, blue tint appearing in her face. Her hands hand loosely out as if begging for someone to embrace her and tell her 'everything's gonna be alright'."

I stand up getting ready to go to the house my mom was renting, and while I'm in the doorway I look over at richie, arms hooked up to many tubes and contraptions.

"Fight for me"

GUYS I FORGOT I WAS SUPPOSED TO UPDATE I THOUGHT IT WAS TOMORROW BUH ALL THE CHAPTERS ARENT FINNA B AS SHORT SO HOLD ONTO UR GRANNY PANTIES!