perspective ~ day 6

I got the call at around 2:30 am.

Driving over to the hospital was the second saddest drive on the road I've ever had. When I arrived and walked in, the humid hospital air warming my body up.

"Where is she" I growled at the security guard that looks like he was waiting for me. He nods over to my crazy lunatic of a mother behind held in hand cuffs.

"What the fuck mom?"

She looks up, eyes full of molten hot brown.

"I was helping you! He'll never wake up!"

Tears form in my eyes as I nod at the officers to do whatever they were gonna do for attempted murder. I break down.

I needed to get out of here

I turned back towards the door, black jacket hanging off of my shoulder, I walked outside and felt the cool night air cling to my jacket.

Walking to the parking lot I decide to drive to the drive in. It wasn't open today so I'd have to sneak in on foot.

When I start the engine I sigh, my life is terrible. I don't think I can take a year off. I mean, I have to help pay off the hospital bills and earn a living.

So, I start the engine and drive smoothly towards the drive in.

As I arrive, I see the fence closing off the car entrance and I park in the field, getting out and walking over towards the red painted wood. I work my legs over and slip to the other side, making sure that nobody was around. The coast was clear.

I walked over to one of the benches nearby for people who didn't own cars and lay down, my back pressing against the cool wood. A warm summer night breeze hit me and I closed my eyes, taking in the scent.

As I open them, I see hundreds of billions of stars, dead stars, stars that light's haven't gone out yet. I see the same sky I saw with Richie. The view hadn't changed, just the perspective.