Running Craig x Reader

Apologies in advance for being short. I'll explain later below

I never was in a relationship before.

I would just fantasize about one.

I would look around me and see all these people falling in love.

But it never made sense to me.

I have come to believe that highschool relationships never last.

So I decided not to bother liking someone.

Until someone actually fell for me.

It was on a Tuesday, just like any other day. Except this time I saw a text appear on my phone.

Stan: Hey guess what I just found out?
Me: lol what?
Stan: someone likes youuuuu
I had to read the text a few more times before replying.
Me: o-oh what??
Stan: ya wanna know who it is?
Me: I mean sure
Stan: CRAIG

The convo ended there, just staring at my phone for the last few minutes. How do I go about this?

Me: should I text him?
Stan: YES GO FOR IT!!!

I decided to take up the offer, Hey this is what I wanted....right? I wanted to analyze this first before I did.

I mean I liked Craig for a while, at least I think I did. It was kind of an on and off thing. Maybe I did like him? Hm you never know unless you try.

Me: hey
Craig: hi
Me: so uhhh I wanna tell you something real quick.
Craig: Okay, go ahead
Me: I kinda like you
Craig: I had a feeling...if we are being honest I like you too
Me: yeah, I kinda already knew that lol
Craig: wait what?
Me: ya Stan told me
Craig: god dammit -.-
Me: heh ya. However word of warning, I don't want to rush into things.
Craig: Okay that's cool, I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable.

It was really sweet, maybe this is what I wanted.

Until the next day of school arrived.

For some reason I felt a pit form in my stomach, I rushed past the crowd of people not wanting to run into him. Until I saw the silhouette of his back side. Instinctively I stepped back and ran in the other direction, I don't think he saw me.

I don't know why I wanted to run away from someone I thought I liked....maybe this isn't what I wanted.

Ever since that day he always talked to me as if nothing was out of place. I pretended it was fine but found myself never looking into his eyes directly or for very long if I did. I pretended that this was fine.

But it really wasn't.

I was freaking out.

I was afraid to go to school.

Cause I found out, I ended up not feeling the same way after all.

It was lunch time, I walked up to Bebe. "I need advice."
She turned to me with a bright smile. "About?"
"Dating." She nodded for me to continue. "Say you thought you liked a guy, and he likes you back, but you're not officially dating and now you realize you don't like him as much as you thought you did?" She tapped her chin slightly.

"Well you have two options, you can give him a shot and go on a date. Or you can let him down gently. You aren't obligated to date someone cause they really like you. And you are obligated to change your feelings if you are uncomfortable." I slowly nodded listening closely. "Wow...thats actually good advice! Thank you!" I hugged her tightly before running off.

The whole day I thought about my last class since Craig was in there. We sat on opposite sides of the room but I always entered before he did.

I always knew when he entered the room too, I usually greeted him but instead I pretended to get work done and not notice anyone come in.

Eventually the school bell rang and I grabbed his arm bringing him so I can talk.

"Look, I'm not sure how to say this, so I'm just gonna be blunt okay?"

He nodded with a blank expression.

"I feel really uncomfortable with this whole thing, and it made realize of how much I don't want to be in a relationship, I'm sorry."

It was silent for a few moments before I looked in the other direction.

"It's okay Y/n, I understand."

"Wait really? You're not mad??"

"No! Why would I be?" I shrugged.

"I'll let you be you, and if you're ready, I'll be here." He gave me a reassuring smile before waving off. I took a deep breath feeling a big weight off my shoulders.

This has been a long week for me.

But now I feel comfortable again.

I like being single, and I don't think I'm ready to share my life with someone else.

This may or may not be a true story that has happened this week. I just wanted to vent for a bit, also get some things off my chest. Basically, I'm proud to be a single Pringle. Also, I am working on some story ideas I just have a lot of stress going on...but that's not really an excuse, writing these things calms me anyway. That and drawing that is! Welp I'll see you all next time with a better one!
~Jade <3