Chapter 11

(Lloyd's POV)

I feel a sharp shiver run down my spine as two of the school security guards grab hold of my arms, pulling me away from Claire, who is still lying injured on the ground. I struggle against their hold, but I force myself to let it go shortly after. I've done more harm than good. Or have I? Either way, I know that the entire school will be on Gene's side, not my own.

"Settle down, son!" One of the guards mutters between gritted teeth as his grip tightens around my arm. "Let's settle down now..."

Dozens upon dozens of students are staring at me in shock, frozen as if their feet were glued to the floor. I notice from the corner of my eye the other ninja pushing through the crowd, attempting to get a good look.

Nya let's out a gasp and buries her face into the crook of her brother's neck. Zane shows a light frown as Cole and Jay look afraid to say or do anything. They just...stand there.

I want to call to them for help - want to at least get in a position where I can help Claire. But I can't. I feel a deep hurt in my stomach and a rage in my heart as I realize that no one is helping her.

"She needs help!" I shout at the top of my lungs, once again struggling under the pressure and grip. "You're letting her bleed on the floor!" As few students flinch, but no movement or even word is spoken. They just...stand there. "What is wrong with you people?"

By now, I realize that Cole and Jay have been taken hold of as well, and then Kai and Nya, and finally Zane. Why are they doing this?

I manage to push one of the guards off of me, just before the other one pins me down, and my head slams against the hard floor. My vision begins to blur, and I extend my arm weakly towards the other figure on the floor. Everything turns black.

"Claire..."

"Wakey, wakey, Mr. Garmadon."

I groan in pain as my eyes slowly open, and I take in my surroundings. I'm in a...hospital room? It sure looks like one, but it's the doctor who concerns me.

"You've been asleep for a very long time," he says, his mouth forming a crooked smile. He has several gold teeth and scars all over his face, and his entire body smells like smoke.

Ew.

"Where am I?" I feel like shouting, but it only comes out as a whisper.

The doctor laughs darkly, and I begin to feel more and more that this isn't a normal hospital room. Several people dressed in lab coats slip into the room, taking measurements of my leg.

"Hey!" I tell them. "Watch what you're doing!"

It is now that I notice the tag on each of their lab coats.

GIT

Oh no...

"General number fourty-seven!" A loud voice calls from outside the room. "How is our patient?" He walks in, and I can only widen my eyes in fear of the man who I haven't seen outside of my ninja role since I was a baby.

"Garmadon!" I shout, and he gives me a dark smirk.

"Ah, my son, good to see that you're awake." He walks closer to my bed. "I was beginning to think you went into a coma!"

"What's this about honeycomb, sir?" One of the GIT technicians questions.

"I said coma, you goon!" Garmadon shouts in a wild rage. The technician shakingly nods his head and sprints out of the room before Garmadon can fire him.

"Anyway," Garmadon continues, turning back to me. "What's new, kid? We have so much to catch up on!"

"You seriously kidnapped me?" I shout at him. "I always hoped my father would someday notice me, but this isn't what I had in mind!"