The Feels

My hand was sweaty unlike his.His was perfectly dry and I was nervous.I kept getting these weird and hateful looks.My heart began to race.Josh looked at me and smiled.My heart calmed down and I felt better. "You ready?" Josh stopped us as we reached the front doors of the school.I took a deep breath and nodded.He smiled and opened the door for me.I stepped in first and he took my hand.

As we down the hallway,eyes looked at me,mouths were scoffing,and eyebrows were rising.I flipped my hair in my face,so nobody can see me,but I doubt that'd help.Today,I thought it'd be a smart idea to wear neon green pants.

"Don't be nervous,they're just people." Josh whispered in my ear.Social anxiety was a problem with me.Josh didn't know that,but it was best that he didn't.I inhaled and exhaled.

"Hey,Josh,can I talk with you for a bit?" One of Josh friends,Dustin,pulled him aside.Dustin was a jock,like the ones in the movies and books.Blond hair,blue to green eyes,and a body like no other.He could handle a football and could adapt to any sport.He was also a prick.

"Um,yeah sure." He looked at Dustin and then me.Josh kissed me and said, "I'll be back." I shook my head.If a teacher were to see this,we'd get in trouble.Josh and Dustin walked down the hall.I looked down at my shoes and back up.Candice was coming.Just what I needed more trouble.

I looked away for places to escape.A restroom was near.I rushed to the restroom,looking down.I ran inside a stall and hid.I placed my feet on the toilet and knelt.I looked down and her shoes wasn't there.I sighed and went out of the stall.

"I know you were hiding." Candice said with her arms crossed.I jumped and tried to go pass her. "You believed him." Candice said blocking the restroom door. "How stupid can you be?"

"I'm not stupid and please let me get by." I tried to sound nice,but venom was being spat out.Candice stared at me with cold blue eyes.I stared back.

"You love him." She whispered.I looked down and let my hair fall in my face.Tears wanted to come out,but I wouldn't allow it. "You love him,Joey.That's why you haven't been hearing half of the things I've been saying.You've barely know the guy and you love him."

"I have to go.I don't want to be late." I ducked under her arms and ran to class.The bell was going to ring in ten minutes,and I had time,but I didn't care about time.I sat outside the door,cuddling my legs to my chest.

Maybe Candice was right.Maybe I did love him.