Christmas Spirit

I laughed as Josh walked out with most ugly jumper ever. He saw and smirked. "Shut up. You're wearing it too." He laughed. My mom came out the room trying to hide her smiles. My brothers, mom, Josh, and I were wearing them.

"Let's get ready to go, guys. Jake and John, come down." My mom called. "Joanna call Jack and Jason and tell them to meet us at the store in ten minutes." My mom started putting on her earrings.

Josh looked at me, "All J's?" His eyebrow arched.

I laughed lightly, "She likes J's. My mom's name starts with a J and my dad's starts with a J. They're weird, yet amazing." I smiled as Josh took my hand.

My mom ran around the house getting her things. Joanna came downstairs with Jake and John, all wearing their ugly jumpers. I looked at the way their frowns hung. Joanna saw me and laughed. "Oh my God, these pictures are going to be hilarious."

"Everyone get into the car, it's time to go." My mother rushed us out of the house.

*

"Jack and Jason, let's hurry up. We're already late." Mom rushed everyone into the store after hugging Jack and Jason. As we walked in, we say chair and a hug Christmas tree. The setting was filled with Christmas decoration. I smiled. There was a big counter in the middle of the room. My mom walked to the counter.

*

"Say, Christmas." 

"Christmas!" We smiled as the photographer took pictures. "Silly one." We chanted. The photographer pushed back his blonde hair and smiled. We all made funny faces and weird ones. He snapped the photo and then looked at it. A huge smile spread across his face.

After several pictures of my brothers, sister, and I, the photographer announced something. "We have a suprise, Mrs. Lovett. Turn around." We turned around and there stood my dad. He was wearing the ugly jumper and jeans instead of his Air Force uniform. My mom and Joanna started crying and ran to hug him.

"I guess this means we have to take the photos again." Josh smiled. Everyone busted into laughter as we all sat down together. My dad's hand was on my shoulder. I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back and I stopped looking up. Josh found my hand and held it tight.

"When did this.." My dad looked at our hands. My mother shushed him. Jake and John laughed quietly,

"Say Home/" The photographer smiled.

"Home." We said calmly and smiled.