Babysitting Isabella

"Izzy," Cedric whispers, sitting beside her. "Izzy, it's time to wake up."

"Mmm," she moans, turning away. "Go 'way."

"Izzy, come on," Cedric pleads. He pulls her up so she's sitting against him and her eyes flutter open. "Izzy, you need to eat."

"M'tired, Ced," Isabella mumbles into him. "Le'me sleep!"

Cedric shakes his head and puts a vial to her lips. "Izzy, this is a Wide-eye potion. It'll make you stay awake for a bit. You need to eat a bit."

Isabella drinks it down and her eyes pop open. "Whoa," Isabella notes, sitting up. "That's strong."

"Come on. That'll keep you awake for an hour or so. My mom's making us some dinner." Cedric helps her up and towards the kitchen. "We get a week-long sleepover!"

Isabella smiles and nods. Cedric helps her into a chair before pulling his close enough to help her. Slowly, Cedric gets her to eat a good size meal before she starts falling asleep against him. "Ced," Isabella mumbles. "Can I go to bed now?"

Elizabeth steps closer as Isabella falls asleep. "Come on, let's get you to bed." She picks Isabella up into her arms and towards her room. Cedric grabs his pajamas before following. He quickly changes before laying down on the transfigured bed beside Isabella's.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning, Isabella wakes up to a voice calling out. "Hello? Isabella?"

She sits up slowly, looking around. "Hello," Isabella replies, speaking out loud. "Who's there?"

"Isabella? It's me, Harry. Remember me?" Harry asks.

"Oh, right. Of course; sorry, I've been a little tired lately. I just took a really hard test recently," I think back to him. "My mind is still a little frazzled."

"That's okay," Harry replies. "How've you been?"

"I'm fine. You?"

"I wish I could be there with you. I want to see you. It's kind of hard just talking to a disembodied voice without seeing a face," Harry jokes.

I chuckle and nod. "Yeah. I at least have an idea of what you look like. Don't worry. We'll see each other soon. I gotta go, though. I'm too tired right now to keep up a good conversation. Is there something you wanted to talk about?"

"Yeah, I was wondering how I would get to Hogwarts," Harry explains.

"You'll get a letter that'll tell you how. Platform 9 and ¾, it'll take you to the train that'll bring you here."

"Thanks. I just hope the Dursley's will let me go. They don't really like magic, even banned the word," Harry sighs.

Isabella nods. "Well, if you run in to trouble, tell me and I'll send help, okay?"

"You got it Isabella!" Harry replies.

"Call me Izzy," Isabella asks. "It's what my friends call me. There are a couple kids around here that know about me and are my friends. You'd like them."

"I'm sure I'll have fun meeting them," Harry replies. "I'll leave you now; hope you feel better soon."

"I'm feeling better already," Isabella replies. "Just a little tired. See you in September!" and with that, Isabella closes up her mind once more and heads to the kitchen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Mom, what's that amazing smell?" Cedric calls, walking in.