Sortings...

The professors, Sirius, and Remus all stare at Isabella for a moment. "Perhaps you are still too young for the hat to accurately sort."

Minerva goes to remove the hat but the hat pull away. "It's not that she's too young, it's that she it so well balanced. Most people are caught between two houses, some there's no question and some students are caught by three. It is very rare and quite exciting for there to be someone who fits so well into all the houses. As such, I suggest she wears not a specific house crest but the crest of Hogwarts that shows all the houses. Since she is not a student, you can tell the others that she wears Hogwarts as her house because she is not yet eleven," the hat suggests.

Severus nods. "What do you think, Isabella?"

Isabella smiles. "I just want to be able to talk to people and make friends, Papa," Isabella reminds.

"Then it's decided. You are a student of all the houses," Dumbledore announces. "I'll see you all at the welcome feast tomorrow."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As Harry, Hermione, and Ron make their way to the great hall, Isabella watches, smiling. She runs into the great hall near the professor's table and smiles as everyone files in the sorting goes by quickly enough before Professor Dumbledore stands up to make the announcement about Isabella. "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts everyone. This year will be filled with surprise and wonder like never before. I'd like you all to help me welcome to the Hogwarts family a young girl who will be staying here throughout the year. Now, as you all know, Sirius Black is and has always been innocent." Whispers break out at this. "Just before he was wrongfully sentenced to Azkaban, he had a child- a daughter. After having been hidden away for her protection, she has come here to be a member of our family as a child, not a student. I expect you all to treat her with respect and kindness as you should any other child within these walls. It is my great pleasure to introduce to you Isabella Black."

Isabella steps forward as her natural self and smiles at everyone, waving. "Hello everyone!" Isabella calls. "I hope I get the chance to be friends with everyone here!"

Dumbledore sets a hand on her shoulder. "As Isabella is not quite eleven, she will be staying with one of the professors. She is, however, allowed in every house and every table as she is not sorted." Dumbledore looks down at Isabella. "Why don't you go on and sit down at the Gryffindor table?"

Isabella nods and skips down, going to sit down with the first years. Harry sends her a thought. "Why are you down there?" Harry asks mentally.

"I'm here as the Black heir," Isabella reminds mentally. "Not as your sister. We need to keep our relationship as siblings a secret, alright?"

"Got it. Are you going to come by the common room tonight?" Harry questions.

"Sure," Isabella replies.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There are four flying horses flying through the air pulling a carriage coming in to land at Hogwarts. The crowds cheer. "Clear the runway," Hagrid calls back. He turns back to see he's standing on the runway.

"Well there's something you don't see every day," Harry notes.

A large ship emerges from under the water and approaches too. "Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen," Dumbledore says, starting his announcement. A man, Mr. Filch, runs up the aisle limping in a comical way, he whispers something to Dumbledore and leaves in the same fashion. "So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime."