Stubborn

"Well if it isn't my best friend and her Parabati." Raphael hummed as he made his way through Pandemonium to find you and Izzy sat together.

"You're just the person (Y/N) was looking for." Izzy sang as Raphael took a seat next to you. "She needs a date to my brother's wedding."

You glared at Izzy who smiled smugly when Raphael nodded early. By the time you got home Izzy had found you a date and a dress that she approved of, you both trudged home, Raphael in tow as he saw you off at the tube.

You were nervously smoothing your dress as you waited in the foyer of the Institute for Raphael. You swallowed and took a deep breath, You'd never had the courage to tell Raphael about your huge crush on him, which made the possibility of him not even turning up an even more nerve wracking thought.

The vampire swaggered up the front steps in the nick of time, politely bending down so he could link his arm with you and walk into the halls with you. He whispered sweet things in your ear, making you blush as the events of the wedding unfolded.

Both of you watched as Magnus hurried into the hall, Alec's eyes found him and for a moment you thought he'd keep kidding himself, Izzy glanced at you with her breath caught in her throat. Both of you grinning when he hurried down the aisle.

"Finally." Raphael muttered from your side making you chuckle as he turned his attention to you. Izzy gave you a 'tell him' look and you started to breathe a little faster, Raphael sat down with you and looked confused his attention now fully on you rather than the stunned on going across the room.

"Um... I have something to tell you." You mumbled to him. "I really like you." You gasped hurriedly.

Raphael grinned and cupped your face, kissing you softly and pulling away from you as his thumbs rubbed your cheeks.

"I like you to." He hummed happily as a hushed silence fell over the room.