Realization (Tom's POV)

"Tom," Haz's voice quivered. "I gained fifty thousand followers," his look of shock turning into one of sheer joy. He showed me his phone, and sure enough, there they were. "I probably even gained more than that but lost a few thousand," he said, still giddy with excitement.
"You're a gay icon now dude," I joke, playfully hitting his shoulder. He laughs, and begins to read through the comments on his latest post. As he scrolls however, his smile diminishes. I look over his shoulder and see at least three uses of the word faggot, interspersed with the pride flag emojis and positive words of fans. "Hey... maybe let's not read what people have to say right now babe," I advise him, taking his phone from his hands. Without him looking I delete as many negative comments as I can, but there are simply too many to remove all of them. "Hey if my account got bigger yours probably got huge!!" Haz says, taking his phone back. He searches my name and refreshes the page, his feet shuffling back and forth as he excitedly waits for the result. After a few minutes of looking intently at the screen and trying to re-refresh he turns off the phone. "Wouldn't load," he says sheepishly, his eyes averted to the floor. I know that's not the whole story but I don't push him, my sweaty palms indicating that I am in no way ready to understand the ramifications of my sexuality has on my popularity.
"So are we coming out?" Haz asks, falling back onto the bed, "or are we gonna deny?"
"I think we should wait a few days to understand the complete consequences of our decision because this could totally destroy our careers even if we have fan support," I reply, rolling over on top of Haz to plant a kiss onto his chest. "Lets just enjoy what we can now and wait it out. But whenever we're ready to make that determination we'll do it together."
"Ok," he says, his sky blue eyes piercing deep inside of me, "you know I love you right?"
My heart races at his first mention of the L word, "I know babe"