Chapter 7

'Wake up!' I heard, as I felt somebody shake me, 'your mum needs you downstairs right now.'

'Uh, no.' I groaned, clinging onto Phil.

'Dan please, then you can come back to bed but it is about your dad.' My eyes shot open, I jumped up and practically ran down the stairs. I heard Phil follow behind quietly.

'Could we have some privacy.' My mum asked politely, Phil nodded and walked away to the lounge. We heard him turn the TV on quietly.

'He is lovely by the way, glad you found somebody.'

'Thanks.' I mumbled, Adrian shuffled to me, and grabbed my hand holding it tight.

'So I called the hospital,' she told us, we both could see how she was trying not to cry. 'I am flying out tomorrow, alone.'

'What?' We both practically screamed. 'No, mum that is unfair he is our dad!'

'I know, but I don't know how bad it is gonna be, I don't want you to see him and be scarred for life. Plus it is expensive, we are doing the second treatment, with the adrenaline.'

'Are you serious, can you not just continue the treatment he is already having, there is no way his body will react to the adrenaline, he's already dead!' Adrian screamed, running out the room and up the stairs, my mum let out a shriek, but I quickly leaned in to hug her.

'Do what you think is best, you are the adult. Personally I would have choose that to, the treatment before wasn't working and you couldn't have done the first.' I mumbled. 'Can Phil stay, whilst you away with dad, just because I don't think I can look after Adrian alone.'

'Adrian is going to stay with your nan anyways, but Phil is more than welcome to stay with you until I'm back, I am going out tonight to buy you some food so I'll get enough for two people. Adrian will still come home after school on Monday and Tuesday, and I should be back by Wednesday, but he your grandad will come round around 6 to get him.'

'Ok, thanks, I love you.' I whispered, before walking through to see Phil.

I explained that my mum was going away, and that she said he could stay.

'I would love to. I just need to check with my mum but I am sure it will be fine, if we go to my house tomorrow to get me some clothes.'

'Ok.' I replied, he stood up, and grabbed his phone from his pocket, I watched as he clicked a name and it started to ring.

'Hello?- yeh, I'm at Dans. Is it ok if I stay till Wednesday? Because-. No, yeh it will be fine, I'll come round tomorrow to do that. Thanks- love you too. Bye.' He mumbled before sitting back down and leaning onto me.

'Sadly I'm-.' He begun, he wasn't aloud and now I'll be alone.

'Stuck here till Wednesday with you. God save me!' He giggled, pecking my cheek quickly.

'Seriously?' I screamed. Jumping onto him and messing up his hair.

'Yes, but can you not. My hair is fucking fabulous!'

'Sorry, just happy that I won't be alone.' I smiled.

'Oh so you aren't happy it's me, your just happy it's someone.' He mumbled, looking away.

'Obviously I am glad it's you, hey.' He whispered, using his index finger to lift his chin up before turning it to face me. 'You are my favourite person on the planet at this moment in time, and I won't do anything to change that. I am so glad I met you.' I whispered.

'Just- ugh stop you are perfect.' Phil replied tucking a piece of hair away from my eyes.

Soon my mum called for dinner, and we ate around the table in silence with only me or Phil making conversation