Chapter Five

Minho ^

Chapter Five~

"She scratched me, man, I just couldn't believe it!" Remi was telling Felix the events of this morning while they played with a ball in the park.

"It's because you smell like a dog now," He laughed, kicking the ball back to her.

She caught the ball with her heel and kicked it up onto her knee, then snatched it with her hands and threw it back to Felix. "Exactly! I'm a cat person and now cats don't like me!"

"I know it sucks, but there's always a way around it. Cats love Minho. If the cat has been raised around dogs they'll be OK with you, trust me."

"But Buttons is my best friend--don't give me that look! She really is! I've had her for so long and now she doesn't recognise me because I smell gross!"

"You don't smell gross," Felix said seriously, tossing her the ball. "You smell like a peaceful summer--"

"I mean the dog smell--"

"I know, but to me you smell nice. Do I stink of dog?"

Remi blushed and shook her head, barely catching the ball before it hit her face. "You smell like--"

"Wet dog," Corrected Jeongin's voice from off in the distance.

Remi glanced over her shoulder to see him approaching with Hyunjin and three new faces.

"Hiii!" Remi waved excitedly at Jeongin and Hyunjin.

Hyunjin appeared taken aback but smiled at her. Jeongin ran up to her and gave her a rough high five.

"Remi, this is the rest of our pack. Changbin, Seungmin and Jisung." He pointed as he listed.

Changbin was adorably short compared to the others and seemed as muscular as Bangchan. Seungmin had a glowing puppy vibe about him and Jisung had chubby cheeks that Remi urged to squeeze one day.

"Hellloo!" Jisung shouted excitedly. "Nice to meet you!"

Seungmin nodded and smiled at her. Changbin stepped forward and offered out a hand for her to shake; he wore a friendly smirk. Remi slapped her hand against his and shook it, returning the friendly smirk.

"Welcome to the pack," Said Changbin.

"Assuming you survive your first shift," Jisung added mindlessly.

Everyone shot him a glare. Remi felt her heart sink a little.

"What--?"

"Shut up about that, she doesn't need to be reminded about it every five seconds." Hyunjin said irritably.

"Well how the hell was I supposed to know how much you guys mention it?"

"Mentioning it once is more than enough--"

"Don't start, guys." Changbin rolled his eyes at them.

Remi waved her hand at them to stop any further bickering. "It's OK. Anyway, me and Felix were going to go eat--"

"Ooh, I could do with a nice chunk of pork, can I come?" Jisung asked.

Remi went to glance at Felix, but Jisung jumped in front of her, wrapped an arm around her shoulders and tugged her along. Jeongin joined, pulling her along just as his pack member did.

"Let's all go." She heard Seungmin say.

Remi tried to sneak a look at Felix as she continued to get dragged away from him, but Jeongin fought with her along the way. She didn't mind too much, but she considered Felix's feelings. He'd asked her, not the others. Perhaps she shouldn't have mentioned it, she scolded herself. Either way, she decided it would be a good way to get to know the other pack members, so if she did survive the first shift, they'd welcome her more than they already have.

"What are we going to do about tomorrow?" Jeongin asked her quietly when Jisung took his attention elsewhere.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"College--the group of--"

"Don't worry about them, Jeongin. If they bother you again--"

"I'm worried for you, not me." He said softly.

Remi glanced at him, confused. "Me?"

Jeongin nodded a bit. "Of course--one wrong emotion spike and you'll shift and... you know... might not make it. Felix was right yesterday--it's wrong for me to hide behind you--"

"I'm going to die anyway, Jeongin. At least if I died beating up your bullies, I died doing something right--"

"But... if we can hold it off until the full moon... why wouldn't we?"

Remi looked away. A good point, but... if the shift really was going to kill her... then whenever it happened didn't seem to matter. She sighed quietly and watched as Jisung playfully pulled Jeongin into a headlock. It was nice to see how close the boys were, and staying alive made her feel like she'd ruin that. Eight boys and one female pack member? It sounded strange. People might have gotten wrong idea--

"Remi, I'm here..."

She stopped so quickly that someone walked into her back. That was her voice... her best friend's voice who'd taken her own life. She spun around and looked over Felix's shoulder, ignoring his question of whether or not she was OK. It had travelled with the winds. The only thing behind them was the trees. Her heart was pounding.

"What's going on?" Asked Hyunjin's voice, who had been standing beside Felix.

Remi moved away from them to get a better look at the forest. The sun was setting behind the trees, only making what she heard creepier. The movement of Felix to her left forced her eyes to meet his, then Hyunjin's; they wore similar expressions of concern.

"You good?" Felix pressed carefully.

"I'm fine," She replied automatically. "Just hearing things."

"Oh, that's normal, we have heightened hearing--"

"Not normal things, Felix." She said lowly, looking back at the darkening trees before turning around and walking once more. "I need to speak to Bangchan later..." He would surely have more answers for her than Felix and Hyunjin would, being older and all.

Nothing was said for a while. Felix walked alongside her left and Hyunjin walked alongside her right. She felt sick. She wasn't hungry anymore. Her best friend, Ellie, had been dead for three years. Something wasn't right... she had to be hallucinating... if this wasn't a sign that she was doomed by the full moon, then she didn't know what was...

Hoi guys, so sorry this took like two months. It's been a stressful life lately. Hope the chapter doesn't suck too much. Still wish I could upload my real stories on here without the fear of them getting stolen🥺

- Ghost 👻