EXTRA: Swimming Dump

Since I missed about 32,896,418,164 updates, I'm making this little collection of things that I've collected over the years. Enjoy!

1. One time, Michael Phelps ripped his cap in half 30 seconds before the start of his race.

2. At the Olympics, a Spanish swimmer once false started and dove into the pool early, however he was given a second chance to finish the race after leaving the pool crying.

3. You know how people always say never to compare yourself to others? That is basically what time standards are for!

4. Life hack: for a super easy, cheap, and effective anti-fog mix 1 part baby shampoo with 4 parts water in a small spray bottle. Just spray a bit in and let it dry in your goggles. Be careful not to scrub it or rinse it out!

5. Oatmeal is a great breakfast before a swim meet. The oats will give you lots of energy, and oatmeal is quick and easy to make.

6. Fun fact: according to a study, doing a short, 50 yard warm up is worse for your body than doing none at all! Always warm up long and slow.

7. Going along with the previous fact, a cool down can reduce soreness and chances of injury significantly.

8. Swimmers actually sweat just as much as any other athlete.

9. Swimming is one of the fastest ways to grow taller.

10. The smell most people know as chlorine actually isn't! That "swimming pool" smell is actually the product of urine reacting with the pool water chemicals.