What's Superdry?

Hey! So this is a long one! Literally I had to do it for 2 days until I finished it because I had homework and I kind of multi-tasked it. Enjoy :) SierraOwls

CH 9 – What’s Superdry?

~ Lewis~

The whole common had turned from crowded to desert as everyone dispersed to their offices to record. Ellie was chatting with Kaeyi before we could leave back to the apartment me and Hannah live. I’m glad that she’s getting along with the group; she will enjoy hanging around with the girls a lot. Checking my phone, I realise it was around the early afternoon – meaning that I was going to record another Jaffaquest now with Simon and Duncan. I got up from my chair and headed across the corridor to Simon’s office. I knocked a few times until he ‘summoned’ me to come in.

“Hey there my friend,” I said when I popped my head through the door. “I was wondering if we could reschedule our Jaffaquest recording.”

Simon replied, while still looking at his computer screen (A/N Guess what he’s watching?) “Of course mate: anything for you, Hannah and Ellie.” He stopped the video he was watching to turn and look at me. “So where are you going then?” I told him about showing Ellie the apartment and how we decorated her room with mostly gaming stuff. But when she showed her drawings on her wall, it really changed my mind on buying girly stuff – such as cat related, what Hannah likes. After we talked, I said goodbye to Simon and headed back to the common room to see Ellie talking with Hannah. Kaeyi must’ve gone to Martyn’s office.

“You got your stuff?” I asked Ellie, she nodded in reply and the three of us headed down to the car park. Getting into the driver’s seat, I checked behind to spot Ellie climbing into the back passenger seat; Hannah clambering beside the front passenger seat. My feet scramble to find the clutch pedal as I multi-tasked to turn on the engine (Wow! People are right about boys can’t multitask! XD).For the rest of the ride was silent. I looked at my mirror to take a glimpse of Ellie staring outside; she must be daydreaming or something. 

I drove around the corner to finally see the complex building and the car park. My turned into confusion as I saw an unfamiliar black Toyota parked in the car park. It wasn’t usually there when we get back home or go to Yogtowers. Did the neighbours buy a new car? I slowly parked it and stopped it into a halt, taking of the car keys. Hannah climbed out of the car first to grab Ellie’s rucksack in the back. I followed her out with Ellie beside me, walking towards the front of the apartment complex. Fiddling with the keys, I finally open the door to the lobby. I saw Ellie’s face full of excitement which made me smile. She looked at me, embarrassed.

“Are you alright?” I asked her while laughing a bit.

She kept smiling and answered: “It’s just that... I can’t believe what’s even happening!” Hannah gestured us to up the stairs; we followed her to our apartment door. Slowly, I turn my keys clockwise onto the lock and opened the door.

~ Ellie~

I try to pinch myself, thinking that this is definitely a dream: but it’s not. It’s real! I just that... I can’t believe what’s even happening!

“Are you alright?” I shook my head to realise I said that out loud, and to see Lewis giggling.

After, we went up the stairs to the third floor, which each floor had 2 doors. I followed the two to their apartment door: which had a 5 nailed onto it. Lewis stepped forward to unlock it, revealing a short hallway with doors. My mouth was trying not to scream as we entered in. Blood pumped faster, my heart beating like the speed of light. Hannah gave back my rucksack and I placed it onto my shoulder, my muscles aching a bit. While Lewis and Hannah went off somewhere in the apartment, they said I could look around for a bit. So I followed their instructions and checked every door and room. Like a normal house, there was a living room, kitchen and bedrooms. I didn’t tend to go to their room: of course because of privacy and stuff.

At the end of the hallway was the final room I hadn’t checked. It must be my room. In a normal pace, I sauntered towards the door. My ears detected Hannah and Lewis talking about work in the living room. I shrugged it off and took a grasp on the door knob. Gradually, I opened the mahogany door (A/N I had to do that XD) to reveal what I didn’t expected. It was decorated and filled with Minecraft and Yogscast merchandise. Posters of the whole family and Shadow of Israphel were already stuck onto a tall oak wardrobe. The duvet had a teal colour, which blended into mint green and to sapling green. There was a small regular desktop, which looked a bit small for recording equipment. It was also a small bedroom; one window was foundered at the opposite wall of the door; with the same colours as my bed for the curtains. However, one thing caught my eye.

“Sorry that we didn’t paint the walls, we could decide what kind of colour you’ll want.” I jumped, unexpected to Hannah behind me.

I reassured her, still quiet: “No it’s actually great! I thought of starting another art project.”

“That’s what I thought.” She tapped her index finger on her chin. “Since I saw your drawings at the orphanage, it really amazed me! You really have an amazing talent of doing art!”

“Well thanks.” I whispered, going red as I scratched the back of my neck. People never appreciated my art before. 

One: because I’m always stuck in my room nearly all day. 

Two: I wasn’t even allowed to do art, especially on the walls.

One day. One day I will show it to the world, but not now. I’m too worried about my anxiety and how much hate there will be! ‘Relax Ellie; this is not the time to panic!’ I told myself in my head.

Hannah had left a couple of seconds after and had let me unpack my belongings. I didn’t have much: clothes, undergarments, my iPad and other electronics. I placed my iPad onto the desk and opened it to look through some videos. It wasn’t much long when Hannah knocked onto my door.

“Hey Ellie, Lewis and I were wondering if you needed any clothes and stuff?” I closed my iPad to turn back to Hannah.

“I guess so...” My head spun round to look at the bare wardrobe, nothing but 3 t-shirts, 2 trousers, 5 pairs of socks and a jacket I was wearing now.

I saw Hannah’s face light up; “That’s great! I was going to town to buy my own Xbox One because Kim was getting quite annoyed at me for using hers.” I laughed at her reason. “And we can stop at Superdry to buy some clothes.” Superdry?

“What’s Superdry?”