An afternoon with the Owl Lover

Hey! Long chapter guys! We are also half way of 1 Wish!!! I hope you enjoy, my wattpad friend: thattinyduck, has created this character I will describe in this chapter, so check her stories out. They are soo good ;) Enjoy :) SierraOwls

CH 10 – An afternoon with the Owl Lover

“So... how was shopping?” Lewis asked us as he drove back to the apartment. The two of us – me and Hannah – had gone shopping in Bristol for clothes and games. It was pleasant to hang around with her for the whole afternoon. We got to know about each other better, chatting and drinking hot beverages in Starbucks. But what was weird was I remembered every conversation we had during it...

“So you don’t know about Superdry?” Hannah had asked me as we walked along the sidewalk of the street. There were dozens of shops all connected along the buildings, decorated with all unique styles. I know it sounds cheesy but it was! The one thing I never had the chance to have or see: was the outside world. Joe always said I was like Miranda, a girl who lives on a magical island with his father: Prospero. We always talked about Shakespeare’s plays; one of them was The Tempest, my favourite. Miranda never knew the real world, always curious and determined to know. When I think about her, I think of myself.

“Mark and Spencer? Primark? Next?” I shook my head at Hannah’s answers, frowning a bit.

I quietly replied, “I was never allowed to go outside, none of the kids couldn’t go as well.” We kept walking in silence as Hannah stopped unexpectedly at huge, vast store in front of us.

“Well today’s the day your day!” I suddenly feel her hand clutch my arm and dragged me in to the clothing store. My eyes tried to pan to every inch of the room I was in, but Hannah kept pulling me to try on t-shirts and trousers. It funny at least, seeing her urging to say: ‘try this on!’ I giggled inside of that thought and followed her around. Loud music was beating through the room like shock waves into my ears. Probably I wasn’t used to loud music since my room was quite quiet.

“So,” I said, trying to catch the owl lover’s attention. She turned around and gave me a t-shirt with a logo written across it. “What’s this store called?”

“What? I can’t hear you properly.” Hannah replied back.

“I said: what’s this store called?” I asked again, a bit louder than I expected to be. She chuckled and replied it was written on the t-shirt; pointing at what I was holding on. It wrote: Superdry. Oh: so this was Superdry. After five minutes, I got to buy 4 t-shirts and 2 trousers and a pair of shoes to match. Hannah payed the clothes and we both exited the store.

“Just to say: I have no taste in clothing.” Hannah laughed as she stated. We were chatting to the game’s store to buy an Xbox One for Hannah. She talked about how she had no taste in clothing; how Lewis is the same as her. I reassured her it was ok: not everyone has taste. That kind of includes me.

There was no hassle on buying the console, there was many still in stock and we quickly got to buy one in under minutes. While Hannah did this, I searched around the store; checking out games.

When I was looking at an Xbox game – called Plants vs Zombies – I felt someone nudge on me hard, making me fall on the floor like some weak person. I had the confidence to stare up and saw a girl, a little bit older than me – maybe two years older than me – holding her hand to grab mine.

“I am so sorry!” She apologised, her voice quite hyper as she heaved me up from the carpet. At this process, I picked up the game back up and placed it back onto the shelf. My head started to heat up quickly, my heart beating up faster.

Why am I doing this? The anxiety was too much to hold, making me turn red. Luckily my head was hung low slightly, you can hardly tell.

“I... it’s... o... kay.” I stuttered quietly at the teen. Then I felt an unexpected hand placed on my right shoulder. It wasn’t Hannah, it was the girl. There no choice to be rude or take a risk and look up. At the same moment: we both looked at each other. She was taller than me, a few inches taller. Her clothing was darker than mine; wearing a green creeper jacket, black skinny jeans and neon converses. With all of that, the only thing that stood out was her scarlett hair that was tied back untidily.

Just before she was about to speak, I heard Hannah calling my name behind me; gesturing to come to her. Before I left, I said my last words before I rushed to Hannah.

“Sorry.” I whispered at the teen.

“No big deal.” She smiled. I didn’t turn back as I ran back to Hannah’s side. Maybe I was too shy since I never got to make friend. And with this anxiety, Ellie Lawrence will never get a friend...

Cars came whizzing by while I looked through the glass of a cafe – called Starbucks. It was much darker now, the sun peeking through the buildings and into the horizon. This day had gone on like for months or even years!

“Are you alright Ellie?” My head spins to Hannah, who looked at me worriedly. I nodded as I reply. “You haven’t drunk any of your coffee.” I stared at the hot steaming beverage in front of me. It tempted me like I was addicted to drugs.

“I’m just not really in the mood.” I answered back, forcing myself to sip some of it. It was sweet when it touched the tip of my tongue: all hot and warm. And yet it was bitter, like it was breaking you into pieces inside of your throat.

It was bitter-sweet. Is that a word?

“Did something happen in the game store? I saw you talking at that girl, did she say anything?” Hannah threw me questions over and over again, being like an overprotective mum. It did brighten me up.

“No, nothing happen. She accidently bumped into me and I fell. No big deal.” I said quietly. She gave me the ‘are you sure’ look that made me chuckle and shake my head. Our laughter died down after a couple of minutes laughing for no reason.

“Tell you what, since the shops are still open.” She spoke as she got up and picked up our belongings. “I want to show you something.” Hannah immediately pulled me out of chair and out of Starbucks.

5 minute later of getting dragged by Hannah, we arrived at another store: the Disney store. Don’t judge, I was literally squealing inside. I loved it since I was little girl. Me and Joe used to sing quietly at Disney songs, when he’s either free from his work. We entered in and I wandered around the toy- filled store. Nearly everything I knew was everywhere. Disney Frozen, Epic, Cars and mostly Mickey mouse were on the shelves. Finally, I had found the stuff toys shelf.

Suddenly I widened my eyes to see something I always wanted: a Dumbo stuff toy. I know it’s stupid for a 12 year old to have stuff toys, but it was what I always wanted since it was my favourite movie (excluding Disney Frozen). Hannah had come over to me, studying the toy that was on my grasp.

 “I knew you’ll pick that.” She said while she payed the counter. I gave her a look of confusion. “It kind of makes sense. Your name is Ellie: and you like elephants.” I agreed at her while we left the store and walked to the meeting place Hannah had told Lewis to pick us up.

And that was when I first knew... I was going to like living with them...