Chapter 7

Shivaay stood up from his chair and started walking towards Annika.He had a wry grin on his face.Annika gulped audibly at that.As he reached towards her,she started leaning back as much as possible towards a magazine stand and abruptly closed her eyes as a reflex action.

This didn't stop Shivaay from leaning towards her.Annika opened her eyes only to find his face an inch away from hers."Shiva-aay,what-tt are you do-ing?",Annika managed to whisper.While Shivaay backed off with a note pad in his hand.He had a sly smile plastered on his face.

Annika sighed in relief.

"What happened,were you expecting something else?",asked Shivaay wiggling his eyebrows."Don't tell me Annika,you thought I asked Mishra to come later so that we could,..",Shivaay couldn't complete his sentence as Annika shouted out loud.

"Stop!!!Don't complete that sentence,mujhe aise baaton se michmichi machthi hai",Annika said with a disgust look on her face.

"Accha ji,I cannot say such things,but you can imagine such things?",Shivaay pulled her leg again for the second time today.

"No.no Shivaay,that's not what I meant",Annika replied,and Shivaay could swear that he saw a tint of blush on her face.

"Waise Annika,you can always tell me if you need any help,you know",Shivaay stated winking.

"Chii Shivaay,aise two rupees baathein aapke mooh se achha nhi lagta.",Stated Annika

"Annika,you started this,not me!Also,I would never do anything like that,until and unless you want me to",Shivaay said with a wink.

"Shivaaaaay...stop it",Said a shy Annika.

"Ok ok,fine!,I wanted to give you this,but then again,your mind wandered somewhere else.",he said handing her the notepad."Before you ask me what is this,let me tell you,it's got all quick dial numbers that you'll need,according to the phone on your table",said Shivaay.

"Hmm,Ok then,I'll get some work done then",said Annika as she shifted to move towards the connecting door.

But she was stopped suddenly by a hand tugged on her wrist.She turned around to see Shivaay smiling at her,"what now?",asked Annika.

"Well,it's your first day right,so..",saying so he looked at her for a moment and engulfed her in a hug.

"All the best",Shivaay said still hugging her.

Annika went still because of the sudden hug,she've never been this close to Shivaay,sure,she had male friends in college and as colleague in her previous work places,but she have never been hugged like this,this felt....nice and intimate to her.

Seeing no response from Annika's side Shivaay leaned a bit to have a look.There was no discomfort on her face,and Shivaay was glad about that,"Annika,you can hug me back,there's absolute no problem in you hugging me,infact I think you should hug me.",said Shivaay.

Annika hesitated a bit before nodding and engulfing him in a bone crushing hug.Shivaay had a huge smile on his face,which showed contentment and happiness.

Both of them pulled back from the hug after sometime.Annika headed towards her cabin giving Shivaay a smile,her face a deep shade of scarlet.

As soon as she entered her cabin,she put a hand on her heart,her heartbeat unstable and fast."What is happening to me?,it was just a mere hug,Annika get back to work and stop thinking about that baggad billa.",Annika self talked.

She settled down before calling Mishra with the help of the number given on the notepad,which again reminded her of him.Not again Annika,she thought.