Chapter 29

Like I promised,here's the update!

"Annika,what is this?",asked Shivaay in a tone which sounded more like disheartened rather than anger.

His heart refused to believe whatever was going on,but the proofs in front of him had another story to tell.

After going through the details and docs for the umpteenth time,Shivaay practically had to tell himself that going through them again and again won't change it,it won't vanish the bold black print on the white paper.Even though that's exactly what he wanted!

He angrily threw the documents,not before tearing them into pieces.It was the IPad's turn next,which lay next to the papers,but in minuscule pieces.

Annika's silence made him all the more angry.Little did he know about the turmoil going inside her.He would have know that,if only he had looked into those enchanting orbs which were now glistening with unshed tears.

Khanna didn't know what to do and hence decided that it was best if he would wait for the them in the car.He was about to go towards the car when Shivaay spoke,"Khanna,you may go to Oberoi Mansion.I'll manage."

"But,Ma'am and yo-",before Khanna could complete,Shivaay gave him a stern look.Gritting his teeth,trying his best to not lash out,he said,"I.will.manage."

Khanna sighed before walking away,leaving them in the parking lot.

As soon as Khanna was out of sight,Shivaay took no time in shooting the questions that were piled up in his now disturbed mind.

He looked into her eyes,and boom!He knew that his girl was innocent.But there were way too many questions to not pay heed to.He needed answers.But those teary eyes did something to his heart.He would have let this entire thing go,coz he trusted HIS Annika more than anyone else.But before that,he needed to hear that from her as well.He didn't know why,but he wanted to.Maybe because her words meant more than anything else to him,more than his own.He was truly,madly,deeply and hopelessly in love with this girl.Even if they have thousand proofs against her,he wouldn't believe it.Just one word,that's all what he needed.But was that really required?then the answer would be no,and he knew that too.!

"Annika,just tell me it's not you, the only assurance that I'll ever need.Just..just tell me",he practically pleaded.

Annika was shocked,she did not expect this from Shivaay!How could he?How could he even think that she'll do it?!And here,she was expecting him to calm her down,to support her.

"Shivaay,you really need a confirmation?",aksed Annika disheartened.

"No,I don't.But just tell me it's not you,I trust you.",said Shivaay in a way to which Annika couldn't put a finger on.

"What?Are you even in your senses,you're asking me for a confirmation and then the next moment you're saying that you trust me,look at the irony of it.",Annika gave a dry,sarcastic laugh.

"Annika,don't test my patience,please",Shivaay tried to keep his voice down.

"Really now?You can't boss around like this!Don't expect me to parrot things that you want me to!",Annika shouted in a high pitched voice.

"Don't shout!",said Shivaay,his tone rising.

"What are you doing then?"

Shivaay couldn't take it anymore,"Just tell me damn it!Tell me it was NOT you!",he shouted,literally.But did remind himself to not scare her like he did before.

Annika flinched.She walked towards Shivaay and hit him on the chest with her tiny fist,which of course had no effect on him.It only resulted in him twisting her hand behind her back.The very next moment,Annika broke down.The tears which she was trying too hard to hold back made its way down her cheeks.No matter how strong she was,she hated playing blame games with her loved ones and she couldn't do it with the man who possessed her heart.