Chapter 57

Cameron's POV:

While my dad, Toby,  and I were out, we went into a small grocery store.

"Hey dad, I'm gonna go to the candy isle. Do you want anything?" I ask.

"Grab me a bag of Twizzlers please!"

"Okay!"

"I'm coming with you." Toby says and starts walking with me. "Are you getting candy for everyone?"

"I guess."

"So how's your birthday going so far?" He asks while taking a box of sour patch kids down.

"Good," I smile at him.

"Did Bailey get you anything?"

"I don't think so. I don't care if she gets me a gift. I'm just happy to be with her."

"Awe, you're in love."

"No I'm not!"

"Yes you are!"

I for sure like Bailey, but I don't love her. We aren't even dating yet.

"Whatever you say." He grins at me.

"Shut up. Let's get the candy and go."

Bailey's POV:

I was in my room changing when I heard Toby yell, "We're home!"

I put on jean shorts and a light blue tank top, over my bathing suit. I didn't want to dress up to much, considering we'll be on the beach.

Cameron was able to take off the wrap on his foot the other day, so he wouldn't be on crutches anymore. So when we walk down the beach it'll be easier travel for him.

I step out of my room and peek into Toby and Cameron's room. The door was cracked open enough to let me see that Cameron was laying on the bed, with phone in hand.

I walk downs to see the picnic basket on the counter.

"I just filled it." I turn around and see Jessica leaning against the wall. "Here's a blanket to sit on."

She hands me the blanket and I take it, hanging it on my left forarm.

"Thank you."

"No problem. Now go have fun." Jessica smiles and pulls me in for a hug and she kisses my temple.

***

"Come in."

I walk inside Toby and Cameron's room.

"Hey, Bailey. What's up?" Cameron sits up and locks his phone.

"D-do you want to go to the beach with me?" I stutter, I couldn't be any more nervous right now.

"Sure, just me and you?"

"Yeah," I smile at him.

"Uhm. I packed something to eat too.”

“Oh, so this is a date.” His smile grew wider.

“Something like that.”

***

As we started unpacking the basket, Cameron started laughing.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Cause of what you packed!”

“Hey, I didn’t have to do this for you, you know?” I try sounding mad but ending up laughing.

“Thank you.” He leans over and kisses my cheek.