xiii - her

After a whole week of Erin staying at my house to stay away from her parents, she went home. She didn't do it happily, in fact she cried every time she thought about it. It broke my heart to see her like that, it broke me just to see her in pain. Erin has quickly become my world.
"Penny for your thought?" A voice says as I sit on the bleachers in the gym, staring at nothing in general. I turn and see a guy I've never seen before.
"I'm sorry but, who are you?" I ask, a little standoffish.
"Dylan. I'm new here, I came from Arizona." He says and my breath hitches in my throat.
"Oh. Well, save your penny. I gotta go. See you around I guess." I say and quickly walk off to find Erin. I find her in the library reading a Harry Potter book I'm sure she's read a million times before, considering how obsessed she is with the Harry Potter series.
"I could stare at you all day. You're stunning, hell you're perfection." I say as I sit beside her. I hear a slight chuckle and rub her back.
"I really am glad to have someone like you. But, can I be honest?" She asks and I nod. "I saw the guy from Arizona earlier. Someone told me he was looking for you. Did he ever find you?" She asks and I gulp.
"Yeah. Is his name Dylan?" I ask.
"Wait, Dylan? Oh god, no no no." She says, freaking out and my eyes go wide. Her breathing quickens and I realize she's having an anxiety attack.
I start to whisper sweet nothings into her hair and hold her hand, calming her down. Her breathing slows down a lot, but doesn't go back to normal, and she sighs. I see tears welling up in her eyes and I start to get emotional.
"Princess, it's gonna be okay. I promise it." I say and she shuts her book, with the pages now having a single tear stain on them.
"It may be, but this just got even harder on me. My ex's name is Garner, Dylan is one of his best friends who was in on the whole drugging me thing. He isn't worse worse than Garner himself but I really hate the memories that go along with him as well. I can't believe my worst nightmare is coming true." She says and my my heart breaks once more at the sight.
"I don't know how to fix this, but I do know one thing. If they fucking touch you, they're dead. I mean it, I am not messing around when it comes to you." I say and pull her closer to me.
I pull her close enough that our bodies are flush together. This makes me feel safer. It's moments like this that make me realize how utterly in deep I am.
"I'm so lucky to have a guy like you, Li. I really am glad to have met you." She whispers, her hot breath on my neck. I slightly smile and rub her shoulder.
"I wouldn't have my life any way else." I say.
Suddenly the bell rings and it's time for us to leave the library. I have economics and she has english.
"I'll see you later princess." I say, giving her a quick kiss and getting onto my class quickly.
"Liangelo! Get your butt over here, I gotta talk to you!" I hear Eli yell as I come into the class room. I slowly make my way to him.
"What's up bro?" I ask and he sighs.
"Man, Mason and I are in a huge fight. She won't tell me what's wrong, and I just miss having her. Well, I have her, she's just so distant." He says and I frown.
"I can't say I can relate, considering I'm in my first serious relationship. But all I can say is give her some space and hope that eventually she will tell you what's going on. But don't take my advice if you don't want to." I say and Eli laughs.
"How is Erin? I heard two boys from her old school go here now." Eli says and I scoff.
"I really don't wanna talk about that subject. Needless to say, if they touch my girl, they're dead." I say.
"This is a question I honestly never thought I'd ask you but, Liangelo do you love this girl?" Eli asks and I reply without hesitation.
"She's my whole world. Of course I love her."