monsters amoung men

Yoshiko and I had been training every day for months. I had learned to use the dominator and how to fight better and better. My awareness and observation skills had finally sharpened. I had become the ultimate hunter for all monstrous people.

Finally Ginoza decided to give us a job. Gramps and Ko had been lost on their own job for several weeks now so I was more than eager to begin my own. Yoshiko handed me the file she had with a smile, "Here. Let me know what we're up against." She said leaning back listening for our assignment.

"Tanzaki Yohanda Age 29. Blaten Criminal. Sybil system has seen this man with a red hue on psycho pass. He had been spotted out of his home district after hours with clouded psycho pass victims. We believe he has a hostage now, female in her younger twenties." I read from the file. "His crimes suggest from the sexual to the generally depraved. Be on red alert. Send hounds."

Yoshiko thought it over a moment before stretching, "Welp, lets go Enforcer Kagari. We got a bad guy nab." She said taking a sucker and placing it in her mouth as we walked out the door.

She led me down to a parking deck letting me sit in the passenger seat. She turned on the car and entered the coordinates allowing the car to drive us there. I became a bit stir crazy "Come on Inspector Tsunamori.. Let me drive. Its not like you wanna." I said softly.

She giggled "No way am I letting your hands near this stirring wheel."  

I sighed softly leaning against the seat "cant blame a guy for trying." I replied defeatedly as the car pulled over to let us out on to the scene.

We approached the building as I pulled my Dominator from its casing. It activated glowing blue. I took a deep breath before casing the building. The culprit was in there according to the sybil system and there was only one way in or out of the building. "Inspector. What will you have me do?" I asked waiting on orders. I knew what shed ask of me but this was my position and the order at which things must be done.

She looked to me seriously "Enforcer hunt that bastard down."

I nodded before entering the building I kept my back to wall as I entered, checking each corner and room as I went. I headed up the stairs almost instinctively heading for the third floor. I tried not to make a sound. I didnt want to give off my location or even that I was there if it could be helped.

I approached the room he was in. I could hear the thrusts of his body against his hostage. I gripped the gun in my hand as I entered. There I saw the grotesque scene. The bloated man ramming his member into a bloody corpse of a girl whom one couldnt tell whether or not she had been beautiful or not.

"Sybil system online. Threat detected. Stun mode off. Setting to Termination." The gun spoke as it shifted form.

My targets eyes looked to me in a crazed fassion as he pulled a gun, a real gun from before the sybil system from his sheets on the floor. As my gun charged he fired his first shot causing me to dodge and shoot a hole into the wall. The man merely laughed as he lept pantsless threw the whole to a tree.

I tried to rush after him but felt my arm being pulled to stop me. "Kagari. We'll have to hunt him down again. For now we'll return to headquarters and regroup."

"What?!?" I growled toward her, blood lust obvious in my eye. "Let him go? Wait to find him again?!? What if he kills someone else?!" I snarled.

She shook her head, "Im in charge Kagari. You will obey unless you want me to use my dominator on you." She replied coldly.

Everything in me wanted to track that bastard down but she was my Inspector. I sighed heavily deactivating my weapon. She smiled taking me back to the Investigation Burrow. After briefing the others on what happened we were given the rest of the day off.

"Hey Shusei," she said softly looking over me, "Lets do something special to celebrate our first job together."

"Like what?" I asked looking to her confused.

"Maybe I can bring some drinks and you can cook and we can enjoy an evening?" She said flirtatious.

I blushed softly, she really was a different person off work than she was on duty. "Uhm yeah. That sounds okay." I replied cause what else was I gonna say. Only an idiot would say no to that.

She smiled wrapping an arm around mine, "Great its a date." She said. She then dragged me toward my room. I guess the date was underway.

To be continued...