Tragedy in the MWPSB

A few weeks had passed sense I had awoken in the infirmary of the MWPSB. I was finally ready to return to work and admittedly I was a bit eager to get back on the case but when I entered the Public Safety Burrow an intense melancholy silence filled the room. I looked around a moment everyone stayed solemn, silent.

Everyone stood looking down as Shinya gripped to a blood stained jacket. Taking a second look around one person was missing from the room..." Gramps..." I muttered "what happened..?" I asked looking for some kind of an answer.

Shinya growled lowly pushing past me into the hall. "He was killed by their target." Tomomi said gruffly. "Shinya lost the target after and hes not looking to good. He refused the sybil systems mandated and his hue is getting dangerously clouded..." he explained.

I couldnt believe gramps was really gone and now Shinya was possibly going to be demoted to enforcer? That was so fucked... how could this be?

Suddenly Yoshiko cleared her throat, "Kagari, its time to get to work." She said. I was a bit shocked but nodded heading to my inspectors side.

After we began searching the net for leads i looked to her "Do you think Shinya will be okay?" I asked softly.

She looked to me shaking her head softly. "No i dont think so. He is working on the case from his room and his hue is only getting worse... he'll be an enforcer too."

The room was quiet as we finished our research. Before we were done everyone had left the office. Suddenly the red light of the computer screen came on. Our target was located.

"You wanna go?" She asked looking to me with a smirk "I mean we have no reinforcements but i feel itll be more intimate this way."

I looked to her seriously before nodding softly, "I wont let that bastard get away this time."

Together we made our way to the garage and hopped in an awaiting vehicle as we began to accelerate toward our target. Something about Yoshiko felt more genuine more serious than before. She seemed almost as if she were an enforcer as well...

We swiftly made our way threw town passing several sybil scanners. "Yoshiko," i said seriously, "Shouldnt you be careful? What if these detect your psycho pass?" I asked seriously.

"So what if they do?" She replied plainly. "I want to fight along side you. Not instruct from the side lines. Im ready to become an enforcer, so i can be with you." She said softly.

A light blush came across my face as I looked to her. Her hand reached across the center console to hold my own. "Gramps told me before he went on his last job I needed to be true to myself. So from here on out thats what Im going to be. Fuck the rules. Fuck the sybil system. This is my life and I chose to spend all of it i have with you, Shusei."

And so there we were driving hand in hand toward our target. Truly ready for anything.

To be continued