nine

*UNEDITED*

I awoke to the sound of buzzing. My head popped up and I looked around the room. The sun was shining through the window and it lit up the white room. My ears searched for the buzzing and my eyes caught sight of Michael's phone on the night stand. It was probably just the alarm. I reached out to it and looked at the screen. It read, "Steve Moore". It rang one last time and the call ended. I looked at the time and it was 7:40 in the morning. I should be at school right now. My dad must be calling him to freak out on Michael because he didn't take me home last night. I am slowly burning my dad's bridge.

"Who was it?" Michael's groggy and deep voice projected from his half asleep body.

"My dad. Why didn't you take me home last night?" I questioned him. Setting his phone down, I went back to my old position with him.

"Don't worry, I called him first to make sure it was okay if you stayed the night." A small weight fell off of my shoulders, but I still had to be at school.

"And he said it was okay for me not to go to school?" I questioned him. He popped one eye open and looked at me.

"Well, no, but I did." He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes.

"I wish you would have asked me before you made that decision."

"Why? You don't want to spend the day with me? I thought we could go get some lunch or go do something fun. Doesn't that sound a lot better than lame old school?" I had to admit, he was good at persuading.

"Well, I'm already really behind and I might get in trouble-"

"Dani." He pulled me closer to him and kissed me on the tip if my nose. "Live a little, sweetheart." He got up and walked towards the door. His pink hair was in a complete, sexy birds nest on the top of his head. If birds nests are even sexy at all, his was. He paused in his cute little shuffle and looked at the mirror on the wall. "Damn, I am a hot mess." Michael ruffled his hair a little and it almost instantaneously went back to it's normal state. He opened the door and walked out. I decided to get up as well and see how I looked. When I arrived at the mirror, my hair was really dry from the chlorine in the pool. It felt like straw. I found a hair tie around my wrist in between my bracelets and put my hair up into a very lazy and messy bun. I just wanted it up and out of my face. I went out the door and found Michael in the kitchen putting two Hot Pockets in the microwave. I sat down at the island where they had three chairs for people to sit down at.

"My 5-star chef is at work again?" I said, smiling at Michael.

"Yes, he is. You're lucky I'm so good at cooking Hot Pockets. No one makes them as good as I do. You might even be lucky enough that I'll order us pizza sometime and I'll even put it on a plate for you." He turned around and put his elbows on the counter in front of me.

"Wow, I am so honored." I put my hand over my heart and pretended to give him a warming smile. He giggled and I followed.

The microwave beeped and Michael opened it, pulling the two out. He set the plate down on the table, he grabbed his and took a huge bite. Michael's eyes suddenly went wide and he opened his mouth and took fast breaths.

"HOT HOT HOT!" He yelled out, his voice was muffled by the food in his mouth. I couldn't help but laugh at him. Once it cooled down, he glared at me..

I grabbed the Hot Pocket and put it in it's sleeve. I took a small bite and the gooey cheese and square pieces of ham filled my mouth. It was good, I hadn't had a one of these in awhile. Michael had eaten his in at least three or four bites.

"You know you can slow down?" I giggled.

"Why? What's the point? I'm a" he said these next few words in a deeper and raspier voice," hungry man." I laughed at him and he patted his belly in satisfaction.