Chapter 15

Elise was worried when she opened her locker. There was another bouquet but she could not find the bouquet that Tom gave her yesterday. Even her Philosophy book was missing. She wanted to cry. Not because of the lost book but because of the lost bouquet. She devotedly kept all the flowers that Tom gave her from the beginning. She may not seem interested but she must be falling for him as well. She just did not admit it. She believed that she might be the loser if she gave in easily. Besides, she was not yet done testing Tom's sincerity towards her. With all those girls around him every day, she was not sure if he was being true to her or not. With a sad and disappointed face, Elise closed her locker. She was just hoping that she would find them when she was not looking for them. Things would just suddenly appear when you least expect them, same with events. That was what she was hoping for.

Elise started walking to her class when she suddenly stopped. She saw the weird guy holding a bouquet. She looked at him and she was surprised that he was looking at her. He was not smiling though, he was just standing there looking serious and all. She was even more surprised when the guy started walking towards her. Elise seemed stuck. She could not move her feet. She was not sure on why she was waiting for the guy to get to her.

When the guy was just 1 meter away from her, he handed the flowers to Elise. Elise shyly took the flowers from him. As her usual routine when she receives a flower, she smelled them first. When she put the flowers on her face, she saw a card. She took the card first and read them. It was from Tom. It was the flowers that she thought she lost.

"I'm sure you are looking for that." The guy broke the silence.

Elise looked at the guy with embarrassment. Maybe she was thinking too much of herself that even random and weird guys would just give her flowers.

"Yeah, I thought I lost it. I was worried." Elise told him honestly.

The guy took something from his bag. It was the Philosophy book that Elise also lost. He gave it to her. "This too..." he said.

"Oh you have it as well." Elise smiled sincerely this time. Now she did not need to worry anymore with her lost stuff. The weird guy had them.

"You must be careful next time. You are too clumsy that you could not notice you already lost your things. Good thing they weren't worth gold or something." The weird guy told her like a mother.

"Well, thank you. I'm so stupid to lose them. Good thing you had them." Elise said genuinely.

"Well, you are indeed stupid. Good that you know that." The weird guy replied.

Elise was taken aback by that. She did not expect that a weird guy would say something like that to her. She was superior than him and she was not expecting something like that from him.

"What did you say?!" Elise almost yelled because of her surprise.

The weird guy seemed worried. He didn't intend to make Elise mad. He was just being honest with her and it must have hurt her pride. "I'm sorry..." he ended up saying.

With that, Elise smiled. She almost burst into laughter but she controlled it. The weird guy was confused. He looked shocked.

"I'm just joking!" Elise laughed "You are so naive. Anyway I like your honesty."

The weird guy suddenly smiled. Elise got him on that one.

The two of them exchanged smiles and laughter when someone placed a hand on Elise's shoulder.

Elise stopped smiling with the sudden touch. She looked at the hand's owner, it was Tom.

"Hey, I've been looking at you, you are just here." Tom told Elise.