Chapter 21

A professor visits Nathan in the hospital, after almost a month of lying there, it is the first time a professor visits him. The professor asks about his conditions and if he can attend the classes again because he misses a lot. If he misses more, then there is a possibility for him to retake everything. He needs to retake the whole year. Besides, there is only a month left before the school break. Nathan assures her that everything will be fine and that he can be well. When that happens, he will return to school immediately because he cannot allow himself to miss more. He also wants to study again. Reading books are not enough for him to follow the lessons that they are having at school. The professor asks about his mom but his mom is at work. She can only visit Nathan once a week due to her work. Just like my mom, Nathan's mom has been working to pay his hospital bills. I am just listening to them in one corner. The professor tells Nathan about the things that are happening in the school, and of course, the upcoming College Night. It's that time of the year already. It will be the last night that I will carry my title as the Princess. It is just a pity that I cannot attend the party... that I will not be able to put the crown to my successor. Somehow, I become sad. It is because of that title that I became famous. I already lost everything and everyone, and now, even my crown.

"It's sad that you won't be able to attend the College Night. It would be your last College Night but you could not attend it." The professor told Nathan.

Now that I think of it, we are already seniors. We will be graduating and it will be our last Dance. Now that made me sadder. Out of all times, why does this thing happen to me when it is almost the College Night.

Nathan smiles, "It's alright. I'm not interested with those kinds of events anyway. Even if I'm well, I think, I won't attend it."

I make a face. I punch Nathan gently on his shoulder. "How dare you say that? It's one of our best nights as college students!" I tell him.

Nathan gently pushes me away as if saying that we will talk about it later.

"Oh, really? That's a pity though. All college students are looking forward to that night. I guess, not all students are the same." The professor tells him.

Nathan smiles politely, "I guess so..."

The professor stands as she prepares to leave. "That's all. I am hoping for your fast recovery. See you at school soon. You're one of the best students out there."

Nathan curtsies, "See you too soon. And thank you for your concern."

The professor walks towards the door and leaves. As soon as she leaves the room, I immediately sit beside Nathan on his bed.

"You are really weird." I tell him.

Nathan touches my face with both of his hands. "I already told you the reason."

I pout, "You can just ignore them. As long as they don't hurt you, who cares if they're anywhere."

Nathan puts down his hands. "They don't hurt me, but people can't stop thinking that I am crazy."

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

Nathan sits down properly. Then he begins to talk. "There was one incident. During my grade school years, we had a school trip in an amusement park. As a group, we toured the rides. While we were walking, I suddenly laughed. My classmates asked me why I was laughing and I pointed to them a clown who was juggling and dancing at the same time. They all looked at me weirdly. They said that there was no clown. But I was very sure that I was seeing one. That was when I started to stop interacting with anyone. After that, I didn't have any friends, because I avoid them. I avoid people."