|Shot 46| • Doesn't Feel The Same • |Stenbrough|

° ° ° °

BILL'S POV

"Finally, out of that class" Stan sighed in relief.

"He c-c-can't even t-teach, he was s-s-stuttering worse than me when he t-tried to read" I chuckled.

"I know, right?" Stan laughed with me.

We strode out of History class together and walked to my locker. Beverly stood there waiting for me.

"Hey, Bill" she smiled, and kissed my cheek. "Hey, Stan"

"Hey, Beverly" he replied uncomfortably, barely looking at her.

I wrapped my arm lazily around her waist and she leaned into me.

"Hey, B-Bev. How w-was class?" I asked civilly.

"Fine" she sighed, but smiled at me. "How about yours?"

"Boring" I smirked.

Stan shifted uncomfortably as he rubbed the back of his neck and turned his head away.

"Uhm, well, I'm gonna go. I'll see you later" Beverly smiled, and pecked my lips.

"S-See you later"

Stan turned his attention back to me and smiled weakly. I smiled comfortingly at him and walked closer to him.

"You okay, Stanny?" I queried him.

"Yeah, I'm okay. So uhm...we still on for after school?" he asked hopeful and raised an eyebrow.

Shot right through the chest. I felt an ache in my heart. I forgot to tell him.

"O-Oh, I...I'm s-s-sorry, Stan, I forgot. B-Bev-Beverly and I have a d-d-date after school" I tell him, and my cheeks felt like they were on fire.

"Oh..." he said mournfully, and blushed.

"I-I'm s-s-sorry, Stan. I sh-should've told you, I-"

"No, no it's fine. Go ahead and hangout with Beverly, we can hangout another time"

He sounded genuine, but hurt dripped in his voice and when I looked into his eyes, I saw more hurt.

"Stan, I-I'm s-sorry, I-" I tried to apologize, but he cut me off.

"It's okay, Bill. Really"

I looked closer to see his eyes brim with tears. I reached for him but he turned away. I hurt him. I keep hurting him. I spend more time with Beverly than I do my own best friend.

"I'll m-make it up to you, I puh-promise" I said guiltily.

He turned back around and smiled painfully. I wiped away his tears, and smiled comfortingly and he nodded before walking away. I felt guilty. I never meant to hurt him, but I didn't want to let Beverly down either.

STAN'S POV

I knew it was a long shot. I knew he'd choose Beverly over me. Who am I compared to her? Nothing. Of course he has a date with her, and not...me.