huit

kinda filler but kinda important.

**•**••*•**••*•**•*••**

tyler was sat next to billie, stressfully typing away on his phone. his lip was bitten and his eyes were cloudy with worry. he sent another risky text while billie watched with concern.

"maybe his phone just died" she said for the fifth time, trying her best to reassure the worried boy.

tyler sighed, "it's been hours, he always answers within the first five minutes, ten at most"

"well," she kindly reached for his phone yet was met with tyler pulling away, "i just want to see what you said, i could help" after seconds of consideration he reluctantly gave up his phone, billie reading over the texts.

hi joshua, i have good news!
*message not delivered!*

you might want to sit down
*message not delivered!*

what is that thing?
*message not delivered!*

whatever. guess where billie and i are going!!!
*message not delivered!*

since billie was so excited about ohio and how different it is from here, we both got up some money and!!!!!!!! guess!!!! what!!!!!
*message not delivered!*

i'm coming back (:
*message not delivered!*

joshua?
*message not delivered!*

well. i'll see you tomorrow then. guess it'll be a surprise! (: i am so excited to see you and billie can't wait to meet you
*message not delivered!*

"this is the part where i started panicking," tyler spoke slightly defeated, anxiously looking over billies shoulder as she scrolled further through the texts. "i just sent whatever came to my mind so he could answer, he probably got annoyed or something"

billie says you seem very nice, i said you are
*message not delivered!*

i showed her pictures of you, you are still my lock screen.
*message not delivered!*

i can not wait to see you!

joshhuah: We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again.

what?

joshhuah: We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again.

is this one of those pranks?

joshhuah: We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again.

.

joshhuah: We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again.

):

joshhuah: We're sorry, the number you have provided cannot be found in our records. Please verify the number and try again.

"that's it. that's all he's sent me the past hour" tyler said as billie scrolled to the bottom of their conversation.

"guess it really will be a surprise to him then. look on the bright side, his face will be priceless" she grinned as tyler bit a fingernail and suddenly shook his head.

"no - no billie something is wrong, his phone doesn't just stop working."

"maybe call him?"

tyler took a breathe and suddenly scrambled to his phone, pressing the "voice call" button shakily. only shaky breathes left tylers throat as he held the phone in his hand, the nonstop ringing playing on speakerphone only made them both more nervous than they were before. with each ring he created more reasons to worry. but finally, the ringing stopped.

"joshua! i have something to tell y-"

"we're sorry, we are unable to complete your call as dialed. please check the number and dial again, or call your operator to help you."

the brunette looked towards billie defeated, "he could've just broken his phone! people do that all the time" she spoke reassuringly.

"i don't know b-"

"we're sorry, we are unable to complete your call as dialed. please check the number and dial again, or call your oper-"

"god shut the fuck up" billie grabbed the phone out of tylers hand and quickly hung up, both of them staring at the blank contact name.

"do you have his mom's number?" tyler only shook his head no, eyes towards the floor. silence engulfed both of them as thoughts of worry paraded through their minds.

"hey" billie spoke, holding the boys hand suddenly, "lets get packing, don't want to be late for our flight tonight, right?"

tyler nodded, his phone now locked next to him.

see you soon, maybe, joshua.