Chapter 8 - Moving Back In

H lay in his old bed. He had his headphones on, as usual. He was in that familiar room; purple walls, dark grey carpet, silver chandelier and a lightbulb, a guitar, a long and thin bed. You know, all that stuff. H smiled, but he didn't really want to. He had only just got fully set up in his previous house, but now that he had moved back into his childhood house, he had had to rearrange everything again.

Suddenly, Carly popped her head over the wall.

H jumped backwards, towards the corner of his bedroom, still on his bed.
"Gonna flippin' not do that?" He asked, annoyed.
"Haha, I missed doing that," Carly sighed, happily.
"Well, I didn't," H started, "Still, what house do you prefer? I know you'll pick favourites."
"Haha, yeah. How'd you guess?" Carly chirped.
"Uh.. 'cause it's you?" H said like the answer was obvious.
"Yeah, I guess so," Carly smiled, "Definitely this one. I spent almost sixteen years of my life in here. I missed it. What's yours?"
"To be honest, I don't care about what house we live in. As long as I have my bed, and my headphones, I'm good."
"What about Rosalina?"
H's face went pink.
"Aw, my big bwuv bwuv is in wuv wiff his giwlfwiend," Carly said, cheerily, in the type of voice you'd use while talking to a dog.

Pearl was on her way upstairs to her mum and dad's room. When she saw them, Bob was standing on his head, at the corner of his bed, and Gidget was staring at him like he was an idiot. Which he was.

"Um.. Mummy? What?" Pearl asked, confused.
"I have no idea what he's doing, don't look at me," Gidget replied.
"Okay," Pearl started, "Where's KC?"
"In her room.. why?" Gidget replied, suspiciously.
"No reason," Pearl lied.

When Gidget finally looked back to Bob, Pearl walked to the room across the hallway, and opened the door slowly. She saw her six-year-old sister lying in her bed, sleeping. She scoffed; Pearl really hated KC, all because she apparently "stole her life", when really, all she did was find her family. As quietly as she could, Pearl tiptoed to the bed, and whispered to her sister, "Thank goodness you're asleep, that means I can say all of the bad things I think about you, and you won't even know." An evil grin spread wide across her pale face.

H sat in his bed, thinking about his girlfriend, Rosalina, while Carly wandered around her room, looking longingly for something to do. Then she got an idea. She walked through the marble-chained door leading to H's room, and past the staircase leading to her parents' and KC's bedrooms. She reached the end of the downstairs hallway, and turned to her right where she found a door. That door lead to the kitchen. She was going to bake heart-shaped cookies, since she was a very loving person, and the fact that her birthday was on Valentine's Day.

Meanwhile, Pearl had just finished insulting KC.
"And that.." she smirked, "Is what I think of you." She walked back downstairs.
KC opened her eyes and looked towards the door, in which her sister had just left through, and sighed, "You do realise I heard all of that.. right?"
Unfortunately, Pearl did not hear her.

Pearl walked into her bedroom, and she looked around at every single thing she could do. For about twenty minutes, she went on her laptop. Then, she used her keyboard for the duration of one song, before getting bored. Afterwards, she decided to draw, which lasted about forty-five minutes.

Suddenly, out of what seemed like nowhere, Pearl could smell something. Something delicious. It was coming from the kitchen. She was about to go and investigate, when Carly came walking out, cheerful as ever, carrying a large plate of heart-shaped cookies, filled with strawberry jam, and topped with chocolate, or icing, and sprinkles. She was wearing a not-so-white apron. It was covered in chocolate, icing, flour, sugar, sprinkles, and strawberry jam. She also wore dark pink oven gloves, and had her hair in a side ponytail.

Carly strode over to the living room, and placed the plate on the table where the TV was supposed to be, except, their old TV had smashed when they tried to take it from their old house, so they had to get a new one, meaning that there was loads of space for Carly to put her cookies.

"Hey, Carly?" Pearl started, "Come and join me!"
"Hmm?" Carly replied, obviously not having heard what her sister had just asked.
"I'm gonna hang upside down in my closet. Wanna come and join me?" Pearl asked.
"Have you met me?" Carly replied, sarcastically, "Of course I do!" She smiled, threw off the oven gloves and the apron, and joined her twelve-year-old sister.

Bob, Gidget, H, and KC all finally left their bedrooms when Carly and Pearl had gotten out of the closet, and had eaten half of the cookies.

Gidget raised her right eyebrow and folded her arms, "Where'd you get those from?"
"Carly made them," Pearl smiled, her face covered in jam.
"Oh really?" Gidget tried to hold back a laugh, "Carly made them, did she?"
"Yup," Carly chirped, "All by myself."
"Oh, can I have one?" KC asked, shyly.
"Of course!" Carly smiled, closing her eyes.
"Me too!" Bob beamed.
"Go ahead!" Carly replied, gleefully.
"H, you should give one of these to Rosalina, tell her you made them yourself," Pearl grinned.
H's face went bright red this time. Not pink; red.
"Aw, see? He wants to," Carly giggled.
KC laughed, quietly, "Yup."
___________________________

Author's Note

Hi guys! I am so happy with how this chapter came out. And it was out really quick too. Haha! I hope you guys are happy too.

Anyways, see ya later!

-KP x