Chapter 11: I'm Sorry, Buddy

In the elevator my phone tinged again. Another text from Geoff.

"Michael Vincent Jones," I winced. He used my full name. "where the hell are you?" He was mad so, I replied to him via text.

I walked to Gavin's room and he was still sleeping, so I took a picture of him in the hospital bed. I made sure I got the heart monitor in the picture so he would get the hint that I was in the hospital. I inserted the picture and typed, "Sorry."

He replied within a few minutes with, "I'm sorry buddy." I locked my phone and put it in my pocket.

-A few days later-

It's been three days and I haven't left him since. I mean I did leave for an hour to take a shower at home but other than that, I never left. I was sitting next to Gavin, in the same chair I have been for the past few days so, I grabbed Gavin's hand again and his eyes fluttered open. I let go.

"Micoo?" He asked as he continued looking at the ceiling.

"Yeah, buddy. It's me, Micoo" I replied imitating him on my name. "You've been out for a while buddy. Three days actually. I called your work for you and you didn't miss much. Taylor Swift broke up with her boyfriend and wrote another song, celebrerties went partying, and politicians disagreed."

"You never left did you." He stated.

"Yeah, I never did." I sighed. "I wanted to make sure you were okay. "

"Thanks, Michael." He-he said my name correctly. That worried me. "When can I leave this hell hole and pay my fines?"

"I don't know buddy. You don't need to pay your fines, they were covered." I bit the red call button. "Nurses are comming now to tell us when you can leave."

We made small talk until the nurses came and told us that Gavin was good to go. They took out Gavin's IV and he winced in pain. He hid it well from the nurses; he just wanted to leave. As we were walking out the doors from hospital I told Gavin to go to my car while I went back because I "forgot" something, thowing him my keys, and ran back.

I got back to the front, out of breath, asked for the added fines for staying extra days and  payed those and ran back to Gavin.

"Got it?" Gavin asked me when I got back.

"Yeah" I responded, out of breath, holding up my phone. I smiled and he did back. "You hungry?"

"Starved."

We drove to the nearest Wendy's and went in. We ordered and sat down, waiting to be called. 

"I think I'm gonna get fired." Gavin said with a frown.

"Why do you think that?" I asked with a confused face.

"Well, my boss isn't very nice to say the least." He shrugged.

"Maybe I can get you a better job." I said to help cheer him up, a least a little. "Hold on a sec." I got out my phone and texted Geoff. When I pulled up messages my name got called. 

"I got it."

"Thanks" I replied. I texted Geoff, "Hey, do we have an extra spot in AH?" AH, or other known as Achievement Hunter, being the smaller group of gamers within Rooster Teeth. Gavin came back and distributed the food accordingly.

"Yeah, maybe. Why?" Geoff replied. "I got someone who can fill the space perfectly." I texted.

"They're gonna have to 'try out'"

"That's fine. :)" I texted back. I looked up to see Gavin with his burger in his hands. "You're in." I smiled at him. He smiled back at me.