Lexa The Vamp

The walk-in closet at the library was a safe haven for old unwanted books that no longer were in vogue, or had simply been replaced by a newer copy, every now and then it was someone's job to come in and make sure it wasn't too dusty, make sure ev...

The walk-in closet at the library was a safe haven for old unwanted books that no longer were in vogue, or had simply been replaced by a newer copy, every now and then it was someone's job to come in and make sure it wasn't too dusty, make sure everything was catalogued correctly and none was missing.

Everyone hated this job, but I loved it.

I stood with my back to the door a rare old copy of Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu's Carmilla no one took this book out anymore, hardly anyone had ever heard of it they were far too seduced by the inferior but far more infamous Dracula, people were idiots, Dracula was the most boring book I had ever read in my life.

Carmilla was intriguing and somewhat surprising for a book written in 1871 had a Lesbian theme.

Carmilla reminds me of Lexa, sometimes so sweet and kind that it's so easy to fall for her and then suddenly her mood changes abruptly and she is the opposite.

Only as far as I am aware Lex isn't responsible for a string of mysterious deaths of local women.

I heard the door creak open and saw the light penetrate the room, a long line that beheld the shadow of someone I knew well, her sweet scent embraced me.

Lexa.

I smirked and waited.

"I'm trying to figure out whether I should be worried you haven't turned around yet." She whispered as she closed the door behind her, the small light on the side table back to its dim self in the usually dark room. "Is being in a cupboard with someone normal for you?"

I chuckled.

"No, what about you?" I never lifted my gaze from the book as I flicked through the pages.

I felt her move closer, felt her light breathe on the back of my neck as she leaned over to see what I was reading.

"What is this?" She smiled placing a light kiss on the slope of my neck, I felt a shiver pass through me at the soft touch of her lips on my skin. "In silence, slowly we walked down to the drawbridge, where the beautiful landscape opened before us."

"And so you were thinking of the night I came here? she almost whispered."

"Are you glad I came?"

"Delighted, dear Carmilla, I answered"

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back slightly the melodic sound of her voice soothing and arousing as she whispered the words out I'd read them before but narrated by Lexa was a whole new experience.

"And you asked for the picture you think like me, to hang in your room,"

she murmured with a sigh, as she drew her arm closer about my waist, and let her pretty head sink upon my shoulder. "How romantic you are, Carmilla," I said. "Whenever you tell me your story, it will be made up chiefly of some one great romance."