Unwise Favors

I took a deep breath, I'd never been anxious to talk with Richie before, but I hadn't had a hot-headed strange wife before

The room had a faint smell of dust, the cleaners rarely came here they were too lazy to clean most of the rooms, I dreaded to think what condition some of those books were in. 

We spent as little time in here as we could possibly manage. 

He was busy throwing things into his bag, an angry expression on his usually cool and calm features. 

"Hi, Rich," I said quietly. 

He turned around like a demon, I could see the steam coming from his ears. 

"What's wrong? I just wanted to apologize for yesterday" I almost jumped. "She is a little overprotective sometimes."

"I've been fired, Mel!" 

"What?" 

"They told me they got a request from a concerned customer." 

My stomach began to turn ominously, this couldn't have been her, why would she do this?

"And I now have no job." He shrugged sighing. 

Slumping down onto the chair, his head in his hand's anger departing for despair and sadness. 

"What am I going to do Mel? I needed this job."

I knew this had Lexa Lotz written all over it, she was so infuriating.

She couldn't do this to someone, she couldn't just play with their lives as though they were chess pieces on her board. 

"I will fix this Rich don't you worry, I will get you your job back and if not Portia needs someone at the restaurant." 

His eyes shot up alarmed. "I'm not gonna work for that vulture!" 

"She is kinda more like an orange vulture." I shrugged. 

"Just don't worry about it Mel, I guess I could just go talk to my parents."

"No way Rich, you leave this to me. "

I stormed from the library completely ignoring the fact I had a shift to work, Richie didn't deserve this, he didn't deserve to lose his job. 

Richie may not have had any faith in me but I was determined to sort this out.