Time

I leaned against the counter a now cold cup of coffee in my hand, I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened last night, I'd felt many things for my brother in our lives all of those things had now turned into a blistering hatred that I coul...

I leaned against the counter a now cold cup of coffee in my hand, I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened last night, I'd felt many things for my brother in our lives all of those things had now turned into a blistering hatred that I couldn't quench. 

Waking up this morning and seeing the bruise he'd left on Melissa's beautiful face had made me feel sick to my stomach, I had watched her sleep so soft and gentle like a child, that angry mark tainted her, It was my fault and I knew it. 

I couldn't watch her any longer I had to leave her. 

"What do you plan on doing about Casey?" Ororo asked sitting down on the couch her eyes firmly on me. 

"I have a few ideas."

"Are there any that are legal?"

"Nope."

"Good."

"I'll make him pay for this Ororo, damn what the hell was he doing?" I had been asking this same question all night silently to myself, what was Casey doing? How did he think he would gain anything more than hurting an innocent woman?

"He is kinda fucked up Lex, Casey has always been kinda out there you never know what he is going to do next."

"But attempted rape Ororo fuck if he'd...." I couldn't finish. 

"He didn't, Melissa was a badass and kicked his ass so calm down she is okay." Ororo soothed. 

"Okay! have you seen her? Freaking bruises and scratches everywhere she isn't okay." I stressed throwing my arms in the air the cold dark brown liquid spilling over the floor.

"It's lucky that is a wood floor otherwise we would have a massive coffee stain there," Ororo said sarcasm dripping from every word. 

I narrowed my eyes in response. 

Soft footsteps came down the stairs until she stood before me her soft golden blonde hair pulled up high over her head a shy smile playing across her mouth, my heart melted. 

"Hi." She said softly. 

"Hey."

"I'm just going to err.....go get you another coffee Lex," Ororo said hurrying from the room without taking my cup, she was really bad at excuses. 

We stared at each other and after a moment burst out laughing. 

"She is smooth." Melissa smiled. 

I looked at her again and realized something. "Hey what are you doing?"

"I'm going to work, there is a delivery today at the restaurant and Portia needs us all there."

"Are you crazy you were assaulted last night look at you, you can't go to work and take deliveries."

"I have to go to work Lexa." She sighed.