Intense

"Lexa

"Lexa." I blinked rapidly trying to decide whether I was imagining her or not.

"Well.", She said angrily her arms crossed over her chest as though she was waiting for my confession, her emerald green eyes aflame with rage.

My mind went blank, all I could think was how she was actually here with me.

"Lexa, you are back."

"Did I spoil your little romantic night?"

My eyes widened in stunned disbelief, she had been missing for days yet here she was accusing me of something.

"Were you spying on me?" I matched her pique.

"I was looking out my window wondering where my wife was so late."

Is she for real?

"I spent days wondering where my wife was." Who she was with.

"You haven't answered my question."

I rolled my eyes this was going nowhere.

"We are just friends." I shrugged going to the closet to put away my shoes and jacket, my feet were aching badly, I hated wearing high heels.

I rubbed my aching feet. "Where were you all week?"

"That is none of your business." She said sternly I could feel her eyes watching me like a hawk.

Of course, it is.

"I saw you with her." She whispered but there was venom in her quiet rasp. "Such a freaking scum bag how could you even let her anywhere near you?"

I looked up at her and saw real hate hidden in her eyes.

"Lexa, I give up what are you talking about?"

"Jamie Beaumont." She spat the words out painfully. "How do you even know her?"

"Last week after I left you, after our row about Richie getting fired." I shrugged.

I could see her brain processing what I'd said so I continued.

"I was in a bar and she just turned up, I'd never met her before that."

"Stay away from her Melissa she is trouble." She picked up my hand and caressed it softly with her thumb. "She never knows when to keep her hands off other people's things."

And she ruined the moment.

"Promise me you will stay away from her."

I sighed. "And how many more people should I stay away from will Imran be next maybe, he laughed at me last night does that mean he was flirting with me."

"No, please just her."

I frowned too tired to fight with her. "Okay, Lexa I will stay away from her."