Chapter 4 - Plan of Attack

The group decided to meet up at the Reyes household in Katherine's room to come up with a plan. The Halloween party was now over and everyone was sent home; being told to watch out for zombies on their way out.

"Alright, plan of attack. Anyone have any ideas?" Brianna asked.

"Punch them 'til they die! Which I was going to do if you guys didn't have to do your boring plan." Dallin complained.

"This "boring" plan is going to save lives! And you can't just punch a zombie and just expect it to die. It'll take a lot more than that." Katherine replied.

"My punches are deadly! All it'll take is just one punch and boom, dead!" He said punching the air.

"Yeah, sure..." Katherine said rolling her eyes.

"Can we focus here? How are we going to fight these things?" Steph interrupted.

"We could try blowing them up?" Anthony suggested.

"Blow them up with what?" Trevor asked.

"With dynamite, duh." He answered.

"Where and how are we supposed to get our hands on dynamite?" Brianna regretted to asked.

"How the heck would I know? You wanted ideas so I gave you one." Anthony barked.

"I meant ones that aren't impossible for us!" Brianna barked.

"Well, you need to be more specific next time!" Anthony replied.

"Why don't we try fighting them with swords? You know, a good old-fashioned sword fight with monsters!" Esli excitedly suggested.

"Yeah, because getting our hands on swords is extremely possible..." Anthony replied with sarcasm.

"Esli's got a point. Using some kind of weapon could serve to be very useful" Trevor said.

"What, you mean like we use sticks and tree branches?" Kayla asked.

"No, something that won't break so easily. I was thinking we use things like shovels, rakes, axes, etc. Things that are sharp and blunt that we'll easily find around the house." Trevor explained.

"That's a great idea! And we can each pick our own unique weapons." Brianna shouted in excitement.

"You really think shovels and rakes are going to stop a zombie army? We might as well just stand out there and wait to be killed." Anthony stated.

"Well, it's better than just punching them with our fists..." Katherine said glancing at Dallin.

"I'm telling you that my punches are deadly and can definitely kill those zombies! But I do agree with Trevor, it would be pretty fun to kill them with something sharp or blunt. I actually got the perfect weapon in mind too. In fact, you guys should come to our house. We have a tool shed that has so many sharp and heavy tools. The perfect tools to take down a zombie army!" Dallin informed.

"Seriously?" Steph said.

"Yeah, seriously! Come on! We have no time to waste!" Dallin shouted as he eagerly left the room heading for his house.

"He... actually agreed with me? That's a first." Trevor said confused.

"It's weird that he agreed and is the first one to actually move forward with the plan..." Katherine questioned.

Questioning Dallin's spontaneous actions aside, the group decided to leave the room and followed Dallin to his tool shed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to our zombie killing arsenal!" Dallin said as he open the tool shed.