Chapter 8 - Kill or be Killed

Putting their depressing loss behind them, our heroes are determined to locate this source and put a stop to it. That is, if there even is a source.

"Why can't this source just show itself already? I'm tired, I'm hungry, and I stink. Not a combination I'm very fond of." Kayla announced.

"Yeah, well we're not fond of you complaining all the time. And do you really expect it just reveal itself to us?" Katherine replied.

"Uh, yeah. It would make it a lot easier for the both of us." She explained.

"We must be getting pretty close because the number of zombies is slowly increasing the further we get." Trevor added.

"Can we at least take a little break? Maybe a short nap or something? Walking for long periods of time makes me incredibly drained." David asked.

"Are you completely useless in everything except for sleeping?" Anthony replied.

"No resting! No naps! And no breaks!" Steph scolded.

The group continued to walk further into the neighborhood keeping an eye out for the source, when Trevor suddenly heard a suspicious noise coming from behind...

"Guys, quiet for a second... I think we're being followed."

Everyone stopped and started looking around.

"I don't see anyone..." Kayla said still searching.

At that very moment, Dallin appeared from behind a wall and quickly grabbed Kayla from behind, covering her mouth so she wouldn't scream.

"Scream, and I will bite your entire ear off..."

Terrified, Kayla tried to get her friends' attention by stomping her feet on the ground. The sound of her boots against the asphalt pavement caused her friends to turn around and spot Dallin.

"Dallin... y-you're awake." Steph said, her voice trembling.

"Yes... I am." He said, giving her a devilish smile. "You know, when I was bitten, I thought I was going to die. But now, I feel reborn; a new and improved Dallin."

"What do you mean a new and improved Dallin? What are you trying to tell us?" Trevor asked while moving slowly towards him.

"What I'm trying to say is... I'm hungry. Really hungry. And guess who happens to be standing right in front of me looking very tasty... And Kayla, since you're right next to me, let's start with you first..." Dallin stated as he was two inches away from biting Kayla's shoulder.

Kayla acted quickly and kicked Dallin in the shin causing him to let go. With haste, she rushed over to her friends before Dallin could react.

Dallin grabbed his leg and growled in pain.

"Why are you guys resisting? Is being eaten alive really so bad? It'll be quick I promise..."

Dallin stood up showing no signs of difficulty with the devilish grin still on his face.

"Why are you trying to eat us?! I thought we were friends?" Trevor shouted.

Dallin lunges at Trevor; pinning him to the ground.

"That's exactly why I'm doing it. I mean, would you rather be eaten by someone else?"

He tried to bite him, but Trevor held him back as much as he could.

Katherine quickly picked up a rock and rushed to Trevor's aid. She smashed the rock on Dallin's head to try and knock him off, but he just shook it off like it was nothing.