Chapter 7

Shannon's POV

As Diego leaned in I couldn't help but listen to everything inside me that told me to do the same. I didn't know if it was because I was high out of my mind, but I knew I wanted him so bad in that moment.

Our lips danced against each other's perfectly. His hands were on my hips and he held me tightly. My hands found their way onto his neck and soon enough I was tugging at his hair lightly. We continued embracing each other silently for what felt like forever, until I slowly pulled away. I wiped the tears from my eyes and looked at him deeply.

"I- I don't think this i-is right Diego"

He frowned and began fidgeting with his thumbs. He looked down into his lap.

"I'm not going to force anything Shannon." He had mumbled it so quietly I almost couldn't hear him. He put his hand back onto my wrist and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Just believe me when I say you don't deserve this. There are people who care about you"

I scoffed and looked away. "People who care about me?" That's funny. Not even my own family cares about me.

"Shannon," He cupped my face to make me meet his eyes. "I mean it."

I don't know why but I couldn't control myself and more tears fell down my face. Diego wiped them away from below my eyes. I winced in pain as his finger pressed roughly against the bruise from earlier on my face. His eyebrows scrunched up in confusion and I quickly pulled away from his grip.

"Uh, im going to go to bed. I'm tired." I shifted my attention away from what had just happened. I was obviously lying.

I gathered all my smoking stuff and darted into the house and up the stairs before Diego could even respond. I rushed into my room and put everything back where it belonged. I slipped into a tight white tank top, throwing my bra onto the ground. I slipped off my jeans and crawled into my bed.

What the fuck just happened?

Diego's POV

I watched more tears stream down her face. I couldn't bare to see the pain she was in. I wiped the waterfall of tears away with my thumb. As I pressed onto her cheek she jumped back and winced in pain from my touch. I saw as the makeup was removed, a bruise appeared on the left side of her face.

I shot her a confused look and her eyes immediately filled with anxiety and fear. She jumped up and quickly began gathering her stuff.

"Uh, i'm going to bed. I'm tired"

She didn't even glance back at me while she ran inside and sprinted up the stairs. I watched her disappear from my sight and sat back into my chair.

What the fuck just happened?

I looked over at Valaries sleeping body and let out an exaggerated moan. What was I going to do about her? I knew she wasn't the one. She didn't give me the feelings that Shannon made me feel.

Shannon kept me wondering. I wanted to know everything about her. I wanted to see all of her. I wanted to taste all of her. I wanted to be able to have all of her. Everything about her was perfect. I just had no idea how to get her to open up. That obviously isn't her thing.

—————
A/N
Short chapter sorry :)
I've noticed the book is getting a lot more love lately and Im so so so happy you guys are enjoying it :) It fr means a ton to me