Time for a History Lesson

A long time ago

"Oh my God Jared what happened" was the first thing I said when I saw him. Not exactly what people say when they see their very special person. He shrugged me off saying that he was fine but it was clear that he wasn't. Cuts and bruises covered his body and his lip was busted. I brought my hand up to this face gently touching his face. Looking at his face, I watched as he tried to hide his pain. I stayed like that for a couple more minutes. Just looking at him, when I felt it. Tears filled up in my eyes and made their way down my face.

Me.

This happened to him because of me. Standing up, I wiped my face clear of the tears and went to get something to wipe away the blood that spilt out of the cuts of his body. Making sure not to press not hard on any of the cuts. Or to hurt him any further. Jared realized what had happened and grabbed my hand giving it a squeeze, trying to comfort me.

Once I was done, I looked at him and the tears came back. Guilt filled my body to such an extreme that I found it hard to breathe let alone look at him. They went after him because of me. Because they knew that he was important to me. That I loved him.

"I'll protect you. I promise. They won't hurt you again. Not now. Not ever. OK I promise"

My head was down as I said that. My muscle tightened in my hands forcing my nails into my palms. Causing blood to trickle out of the wounds. I don't know how long I stayed like that.

Soon I felt a hand brush my cheek making me lean into it. Seeking the comfort it gave me.

"It's not your fault."

I'd already told Jared about what my donors did to me when I saw growing up. Needless to say, he wasn't too pleased but he didn't see me as a threat either. Instead, he stayed. He stayed with me. He didn't care that people were going to go after him because of me.

Looking back at him, I didn't realise how close his face was to mine. Pressing my head against his, I leaned closer. So close that I could feel his warm breaths on my lips. Looking at his eyes, I looked for any reason to stop but didn't so I leaned in closer. This time I could almost feel his lips brush against mine.

Bang

The door opened and our heads snapped towards it. One of Jared's new groupies came in, to tell him that the cars were ready. Jared and I looked at him for a while before we looked back at each other. After a couple awkward minutes, I stood up and walked to my room in the warehouse that we called home.

Stepping out, walked past Jared and quickly made my way to the car. Time to get this show on the road.

Jumping from the roof, I kept my eyes on the prize. A beautifully illuminated building. Holding a jewel that would make a woman's heart bleed. But that's not all, it also contained the people who hurt my Jared. That doesn't sit well with me. So while Jared and his groupies get me that beautiful blood red ruby, I'll be getting myself a body.

Floating in, I watched as the groupies made their way to the back of the treasury trying their hardest not to be seen. Looking around caused me to roll my eyes. I spy with my little eye a traitor that's going to die. Poor thing shouldn't have tried to pull the wool over our eyes. Staying where I was, I watched as he shot the others around him. Skilled yes, Smart...nope. He clearly has never seen a robbery in a movie and didn't listen as Jared explained what they were meant to do. If he had, he would have known that the ruby that he was holding was a fake and that he just tripped a wire. Poor idiot. However, he is helping me find the jackass that hurt MY Jared. And hop goes the weasel. The guards are dead and so is he. Pity.