Chapter 3: Slytherin

Your POV

I was listening to the Professor when she explained a few things about the houses she went inside to check on something leaving us outside for awhile. I then hear Malfoy say something.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter, has come to Hogwarts." He says smugly.

"This is Crabbe, Goyle and L/N. And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He says introducing me and his brutes.

A boy with red hair and some old looking robes started snickering at him.

"Think my name's funny do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley." He then continues.

"Well soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Dont want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He says extending his hand

"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks." Potter says.

Draco looked offended and shoots a glare towards their direction before Professor McGonagall hit him on the shoulder. She then leads us through the great hall. Man was it huge. The ceiling gave us the view of the sky as if we were right outside. There were candles floating about too.

On a stool was an old hat. It looked awful. How was that supposed to sort us?

"That's an ugly hat" I whispered towards Malfoy while he gave a small laugh.

Time skip to the actual sorting

After Dumbledore had given his speech we were sorted in to our houses. The first name was called out.

"Hermione Granger"

A girl with bushy hair walked up mumbling to herself. I heard Weasley saying she's mental. For the first time I'm agreeing with a Weasley.

She was sorted into Gryffindor. Then Malfoy was up. The hat barely touched his head before yelling out Slytherin.

Potter and Weasley were sorted into Gryffindor too before it was finally my turn.

"Y/N L/N"

I walk up there feeling a bit of nerves. I felt the hat on my head.

"Ah, another L/N. I remember sorting your father here. Hmm, you're brave and reckless like a Gryffindor but cunning and ambitious like a Slytherin. Where to put you." It mummers

It pauses for a bit before yelling out.....

"Slytherin"

The Slytherin table started cheering as I went there I sat next to Malfoy and Zabini. We chatted till everyone was sorted. When that was done Dumbledore gave his speech and we had our dinner. Our eyes were wide when we saw the amounts of food. We started putting things on our plate and you know what happens next...

Time skip

We follow the prefect and it turns out, I have the same room as Malfoy. I started unpacking as did Malfoy. It was a long day I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I then changed into my pyjamas. As soon as I hit my bed I feel my eyes start getting heavy. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

===================Time skip to end of the year cause we know how the story goes====================

It was the leaving feast today. I went in the dining hall and saw that it was decorated with the Slytherin colours. I smirked to myself. I started eating my chicken and thought about my first year here. It wasn't as bad as I thought. In fact, it was bloody amazing. I was trapped in my thoughts before Dumbledore started speaking.

"Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points. Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points. {Clapping.} In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points. And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House."

There is immense cheering. I started smirking while looking at the Gryffindors. Bet they're very happy. That was until Dumbledore continued his speech.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award. To Miss Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points.

"What that's not fair!" Draco said while I nodded agreeing with him.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years...50 points. And third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points." He says with his eyes twinkling.

"We're tied with Slytherin!" I heard Granger say. Yes very smart Granger.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom."

Immense cheering erupts. Longbottom sits there while cheering gets louder. Draco is downfallen so am I. I really thought we would win. Dumbledore gave them an extra 170 points!

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of direction is in order. Gryffindor wins the House Cup!" I watched angrily as the green banners turned to red.

All students stand and throw their hats into the air, except Draco, who smashes his down onto the table. Why are they so happy? This is unfair. Oh well, we'll plot our revenge Gryffindors you just wait.

I went to board the train and sat down alone in empty compartment and charmed the door with a spell my mother taught me. Now it was private and no one will go in. I pulled out my wand did some spells I learned before getting a pillow and slept.

==================================================================================

I woke up to the train stopping and reversed the spell before going out to meet my parents. I walked around until I spotted them. My dad smiled while my mum engulfed me in a hug. I was bombarded with questions by my mother and tried to answer all of them. We went back home and I went to my room and unpacked. Indeed it was a good year.