Chapter 8

SARAH'S POV

The morning after the pool party, we slept in until noon and all went home. The rest of the day was pretty boring, as my Sundays usually are.

So, it's Monday, and I just got up 15 minutes ago. I'm deciding on what to wear today when I get a text from Sam.

From: Sam

Heyyy! U up?

I smile as I text him back.

To: Sam

Yeah! Getting dressed! :)

I put on a blue Aero T-shirt with my skinny jeans. My phone buzzes on my nightstand.

From: Sam

Cool! I'm getting on the bus with Chandler. He says hi.

There's a picture attached. It's a selfie of Chandler sticking his tongue out with Sam rolling his eyes behind him. I take a stupid looking selfie and attach it to my next message.

To: Sam

Ha! See you at school, I guess!

Then I turn off my phone, and go do my makeup. Sam is sooooo cute!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I get off the bus, I get another text from Sam.

From: Sam

Hey can I talk to you for a minute? I'm under that little tree to the left.

There's about 15 minutes left of school, so I walk towards Sam, who waves at me. He's alone.

"Hey, Sam! Where's everybody else at?" I ask, confused.

"Oh, they're over there." He says, at points to them. Jersey is laughing with Caleb's arm around her shoulder, and Lexi and Samantha are red-faced, as Jersey is laughing at them, and Opal is reading.

"Well, why are you alone?"

Sam's face goes red and he looks down. I think I know what's coming, I get butterflies in my stomach and my palms start to sweat.

"Because I needed to ask you something."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

hahahaha cliffhanger, even though it's pretty obvious what's going to happen next. Enjoy.