11. Exam

Yerin cried for the whole night because she felt betrayed. Taehyung said he liked her. He said he loved her. He asked her for a chance but he ruined it.

Or maybe, she ruined it.

Yerin took longer to gather her feelings. She played hard to get. Maybe he was too tired to get her attention. Maybe he was bored of waiting.

Yerin sniffed and wiped her runny nose with tissue.

"Uh..?" she picked up the tissue box and looked into it.

The tissues are gone. All are gone! Yerin cried even harder as she took out another box of tissue from inside of her drawer. Even tissues ditched her. Yerin thought with a broken heart.

If a day Yerin used to cry, another one day she used to fixed her face. She can't go to school with a face like that. Her face swell and the eye bags were the worst thing ever. Her mother just shook her head as she helped Yerin applying the home made face mask.

"It might not be his fault. You didn't see what they did after." her mother spoke. She knew everything because she made Yerin so. She forced her to tell her since Yerin cried so hard last night.

Yerin puckered her lips hearing her mother was backing up Taehyung.

"No guys hate being kissed." Yerin spat with an annoyed tone.

"No guys like kissing girl they don't love." her mother shot back.

Yerin gave her mother a glare then she raised her brow. After quite sometimes of staring competition, her mother gave up.

"Whatever. Live your life anyway you want. It's yours after all." her mother was done with Yerin stubborn attitude. She knew something had gone wrong.

How Taehyung didn't received her letter when she had put it in?

       On Monday, first day of exam starts.

Yerin arrived at school and saw Taehyung waiting for someone at the school gate. She immediately remembered the girl last Friday evening. Yerin huffed her cheeks and walked through the gate, totally ignoring his existence.

"Yerin," he called her name.

As Yerin had planned, she ignored him. Taehyung sighed and he fasten his step then grabbed her elbow; turning Yerin to face him.

"Oh, Taehyung. Hi," Yerin acted like she was surprised to see him just as if she didn't hear him calling her just now.

"Last Friday, did you wait for me?" He calmly asked.

Yerin furrowed her eyebrows and slowly tilted her head. Now she is acting to remember last Friday event. Did-we-have-an-appointment expression was all over her face. If someone from acting agency saw her performance right now, Yerin might get recruited to be an actress!

"I'm sorry, I thought Thursday evening was our last tutor?" Yerin excellently done her clueless acting.

"No. You said you have something to tell me. What is it?" Taehyung can't believe her. He was confused. He was totally wrecked seeing her blank expression.

"Kim Taehyung, I have nothing to tell you except good luck and all the best in your exam. And what do you mean by last Friday? I didn't remember if we had an appoinment causing one of us to wait for each other. I didn't wait for anyone on that day, I went straight home." Yerin with her poker face said that without any flaw of lying.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. He can sense that she is lying right now. Though she lied confidently, she still can't hide her eyes.

Because, not only mouth that speaks, eyes also speak.

"When I mentioned about my shoe locker, you acted like you knew it." This time, Taehyung attacked with fierce eyes. He always used his eyes for everything: to steal her heart, to annoy her and to attack her.

"I knew what? I didn't know anything about your shoe locker. Even anything inside it!" Yerin's voice went cold.

Taehyung was forcing on her. She didn't like it because he might find out the truth. But Yerin took a wrong step. Without her realizing, she slowly took his bait.

"Anything inside it? Huh, so it really was you. You're the one." Taehyung stood closer to her.

Yerin took a step closer too, only to unknowingly spat the truth.

"For your information, I.Didn't.Know.Anything.About.It. I didn't sent you any letter and I didn't wait for anyone on that fucking Friday evening!" her voice hitched as she was about to finish her sentence.

Taehyung's eyes suddenly went soft.

"I have never mentioned that I received a letter Yerin," he told her.

Now he got her. Her heart twitches and she pushed him away, running away from him.

Yerin met with her friends on the way to the hall and she avoided their questions about how her confession plan went. She sneakily changed the topic and entered the hall and her friends let it off for now.

But Hanny eyed her. Same as Yerin's mother and Taehyung, they got extra terrifying senses. They can easily sense if something had gone wrong with her and they will dig as deep as they can to get a hold of it.

Without Yerin knowing, Hanny met Taehyung and she told him about her confession plan.

They met after the exam ends at the library.

"Here, the picture of her letter." Hanny showed Taehyung the letter Yerin wrote for him.

"Let's meet in the library, our usual spot. I have something to tell you."

That was what written on the blue paper. Yerin did send him a letter! Taehyung was very happy to know that. Taehyung also can't hide his smile seeing the letter again and noticing the cute designs of penguin on the letter.

Why is she so cute? He thought.

Library? So she really wanted to meet in the library. But...

Taehyung looked to his right and he can clearly see the rooftop. Recalling the unwanted kiss on last Friday, Taehyung cupped his face in frustration.

He groaned roughly with fingers curling up to a veiny fist. That girl! He gritted his teeth. Yerin must have seen us. She can clearly saw us from here! Taehyung now knew why Yerin avoided him.

"Thanks Hanny. But what should I do? She doesn't want to talk to me." Taehyung said sadly. Hanny giggled as she shook her head.

"Oh God, Kim Taehyung. What did you do when she didn't notice your existence? What did you do to make her to finally talk to you? Have you forgotten it?" Hanny raised a brow with a teasing smile.

Taehyung returned that smile as he softly laughed.

"Hanny, I swear I'll be crazy if I had forget it."

And therefore, the annoying deskmate will be making his comeback.

- to be continued

A/N:
I am sorry for updating late!
Enjoy the double update and thank you so much for reading this story!! <3